• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10" Backing Plates, worth it?

69a100

Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
I going thru some of my stuff, as well as cr8crshr's stuff as well. I have been sitting on his 10" plates since he moved out years ago. Are they really worth anything to anybody or are they just scrap? Otherwise I'll slap them on that auction site and get what I can, unless someone speaks here first that they want them. Then maybe we can cut a deal. Thanks

I just got off the phone with Dr. Diff. He's telling me that he needs the "strut rods" that go with it. Strut rods, WTF? I asked him what he was talking about, but I still have no clue what he's talking about, anybody?
I even asked him if we were talking about brakes.

I have no idea what he's talking about either, but heck, Cass knows his stuff so if he says the brakes have strut rods, then I guess they do lol

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's talking about the solid bracket / rod that stands the brake shoes apart from one another - just below the wheel cylinder.

I think he's talking about the solid bracket / rod that stands the brake shoes apart from one another - just below the wheel cylinder.

I'm thinkin the same myself.

Yes its the strut bar. Parking lever goes on one side of it and the front brake shoe goes to the other side.

Are the for the front end? Or a 8 3/4 backing plate i am a little confused.

Yes its the strut bar. Parking lever goes on one side of it and the front brake shoe goes to the other side.

Yeah, he wants the struts and the P-brake stuff as well, otherwise he said he can't use them. I don't know if bro's got that stuff or not? Looks like these may just wind up as shooting targets?

Auto Transport Service
Back