• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 Real-Life Examples Of Why American Measurements Are Better Than The Communist Metric System

Does the American model get stuck in the washer? I've heard of things like that happening.

Asking for a friend

1716334193275.png

Screw the commies that put metric bolts and nuts on cars so I have to have two sets of wrenches and two sets of sockets to work on anything.

Screw the commies that put metric bolts and nuts on cars so I have to have two sets of wrenches and two sets of sockets to work on anything.

the bastages have made a killing on 10mm sockets

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t forget the 8 and 5.5 socket for Ford... bastards!

Fixed.

I'm in the deep south. I'll allow it.

Seriously. Our beloved Captain Canada sure put a lot of effort into disspelling a freakin' satyrical Babylon Bee
article. I suggest he:
View attachment 1666453
Now...what's the metric equivalent of that? :lol:
I knew it was a satirical article...you didn't think I was being serious, did you? Or that it was any effort at all? :)

I always thought speed was in Furlongs per Fortnight!

I had a Mercedes Diesel where the oil pressure gauge read in Bars. It showed 3 bars which wasn't hard to find 3 bars where I lived!

I have a 1992 Dodge B350 1 ton Church Van. If it bolts to the motor, trans or diff it's SAE everything else is metric. The seats are held down with 18MM nuts! Wait what, it couldn't be 17 or 19 so I can use an 11/16 or 3/4 wrench noooo!

Metric ! Ever notice how the USA conforms to everyone else instead of leading on and not worrying about others?

The answer to the problem. Invented for the man that just can't figure it out where he put that 10mm socket. God created this on the eighth day......
1716377776669.png

Metric ! Ever notice how the USA conforms to everyone else instead of leading on and not worrying about others?
The man that gets the prize. Well said!! I remember in grade school they beat us into the metric system saying it was coming. We got half of it and my father spent half his life erasing it from his mind when we got here. Made in America!!!!!

Last edited:
...but he picked up his hammer, and that miraculously restored his sight...

An inch is as good as a mile. :thumbsup:

Sure sounds better than

A centimeter is as good as a kilometer.:rolleyes:

it'll stretch a mile, before it rips an inch :eek:.......... try that with the metric system :hifu:

I'm repainting my pie tin by hand to read "7210.31 Magnum"

But what about the Metric Stillson?

Dad always said to have a miniature pipe wrench. You never know....

In 1971 Mother Mopar gave us the 360. But now it's a 5.9 and the 318 is now a 5.2 and, of all things my Max is a 7 Litre, but that's a Ford! I was looking for something at the NAPA store and the conversation went "7 litre?" "Yes" "Go big or not at all"! Then they bring back the Hemi. But instead of being 5.9 then they go to 5.7 but that's a Chebby motor! I dunno! And it makes my '59 361 a 5.9 too!

Ford figured it out in the 60's...probably using the emblem because of Nascar's 7 litre size limit back then.
1716475494496.png

@Photon440 It probably had something to do with Cobras, GT40s and the FIA too.

When I met my wife my father-in-law had a '65 Galaxie 500 XL 352, C6 which I saw my mother-in-law using all it's available horsepower coming off a light!

Auto Transport Service
Back