• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

18" wheels on 1969 Road Runner

Although I'm satisfied with the looks of the wheels and tires combo I have, and get an inordinate number of compliments, I AM going to try those 325/45/17 M&H Racemasters.
Here are the numbers on my excellent Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials 315/35/17s and then the M&H drag radials...
Should be interesting...COMMENTS ??
Toyo Proxes I have had for 2 years:
Screenshot_20180517-171849_Chrome.jpg

The M&H drag radials I want to try:
Screenshot_20180517-171706_Chrome.jpg

Looks like I will pick up about 3" diameter w/the M&H tires...

Although I'm satisfied with the looks of the wheels and tires combo I have, and get an inordinate number of compliments, I AM going to try those 325/45/17 M&H Racemasters.
Here are the numbers on my excellent Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials 315/35/17s and then the M&H drag radials...
Should be interesting...COMMENTS ??
Toyo Proxes I have had for 2 years:
View attachment 610704
The M&H drag radials I want to try:
View attachment 610705
Looks like I will pick up about 3" diameter w/the M&H tires...
FWIW - Not sure I'd like 35's in a drag tire. I have 45's on a road race car and they perform well. I think you'll like the M&H 45's better for feel. Of course in a drag tire, traction is key. Big diff in price between the two brands. Let us know what you think. Good luck.

FWIW - Not sure I'd like 35's in a drag tire. I have 45's on a road race car and they perform well. I think you'll like the M&H 45's better for feel. Of course in a drag tire, traction is key.
I had just got the 9" rear (8" front) 17" aluminum Rallye wheels and took a guess as to the widest 17 that would fit without rubbing. Now that I have the 4:10s, I think a little more tread circumference may help keep me from reaching for 5th in the 1/4 mile...I don't know yet, going to the track tomorrow night. Taller M&H sidewall should allow for a little more "give" or "wrinkle" which should help my launch as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back