• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 belvedere wagon question????

jas4210

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
What is the bestway to fix where my spare tire go on my 65 belvedere wagon? It is a very solid wagon except where the spare tire goes.The guy I got it from said someone put a junk battery there while it was stored....... IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES OF THERE 63-65 WAGON WHILE THEY RESTORED IT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM?

What is the bestway to fix where my spare tire go on my 65 belvedere wagon? It is a very solid wagon except where the spare tire goes.The guy I got it from said someone put a junk battery there while it was stored....... IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES OF THERE 63-65 WAGON WHILE THEY RESTORED IT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM?

Best I can do,this one didn't need restored,just stripped and painted.

62 Wagon.jpg

anyone else got any ideals or anymore pictures?????????? just trying to fix where the spare tire goes!!!!!!!!!thanks.

anyone else got any ideals or anymore pictures?????????? just trying to fix where the spare tire goes!!!!!!!!!thanks.

The picture that 62 Max posted above shows the spare tire hold down bracket,there is nothing else.What are you looking for ?

the tube that the spare tire sit down in is rusted out because of and old battery one stored in it rusted it out and no one make new one to fix it?????thanks..

Yah, you'll find that there isn't much in the way of aftermarket sheetmetal when it comes to our wagons. You need to get crafty and make yourself some custom patches. It's sometimes easier to do this in several steps if you're dealing with compound curves like the spare tire well. It's actually a good place to practice welding floors since it will almost never be seen from the bottom and will be covered by a tire from the top. Be mindful of the fuel tank and associated lines before you start cutting out the old rust.

How about some pics so we can see how bad it is.

Fix for wagon spare tire floor! I had just a bad floor in spare tire tub. Had my body guy cut it out and fit a RCI 16 gallon fuel aluminum
fuel slightly droped down. Put a side fill up to original side opening w/ a custom tube. I dilld'nt have orignial tank. Worked really nice
since car was apart for paint. That way you can use side fill. It is a little extra work but looks stock almost. Used a RCI sending unit & guage
I will try and post some photos as my wagon is about road ready without interior yet. D.Dog

Fix for wagon spare tire floor! I had just a bad floor in spare tire tub. Had my body guy cut it out and fit a RCI 16 gallon fuel aluminum
fuel slightly droped down. Put a side fill up to original side opening w/ a custom tube. I dilld'nt have orignial tank. Worked really nice
since car was apart for paint. That way you can use side fill. It is a little extra work but looks stock almost. Used a RCI sending unit & guage
I will try and post some photos as my wagon is about road ready without interior yet. D.Dog

And where did you put your spare ???

Custom wagon fuel tank

Spare tire storage! 62 Max, I am just going to put it in rear area and cover it. This
tank install works for me as I did not have a tank in the car when purchased. I'll
try and enclose a couple of photos. Made a new floor bottom and just put sump
thru floor with a nice fit from my body guy. D.DogDSCF8090 fuelcell top.jpgDSCF8093 fuelcell bottom.jpgDSCF7899  rear web.jpgDSCF7916 4x5 web.jpg

Looking good d.dog!

I have a 65 Belvedere wagon also needing work in the spare tire area as well, thinking of cutting out the weak part and just fabbing some steel with rolled beads as a patch, all my fixes can be made with a flat patch. I asked Joe Suchy if he knew anyone that sold a 65 B Body wagon gas tank or sending unit and he did not. Really need a sending unit.

I have pictures of my 65 wagon,just need to know how to post the pictures???

D.Dog that wagon looks real good ! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back