• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2

You can also fine sand and polish the ball up with compound to look like new if so inclined. I repainted mine but I think I did it carefully with a brush. Sort of off focus.

View attachment 1417009
I should have just left it alone. It was shinny and had White on it..... 'till some asshole scrubbed it with Tide.

The real piss off is we have no hobby shops anymore, closest one is an hour each way just to get a $20 bottle of Testers paint. Price is nuts... I bought the kids a 60 bottle "tower" of the stuff for about that decades ago! LOL

Messing the ball up kinda took the "glow" off doing something that even Brewers says you'll never accomplish!

An hour away from a hobby shop? It's time you move, Wayne. LOL
I actually googled "hobby shops near me" and low and behold we actually have one that I didn't know was even there in Midland. He has Testers.. but Zero White in stock and says they can't get it. I then checked every Michaels store in Ontario.. same deal. White = No stock or not sold. On to plan B....

White spray paint in a small container and let it evaporate. Skinning over is a problem but I'm sure you can deal with that.

Amazon up there??
Dog sleds won't haul for them..... :poke:

Everyone is out except one that has 2 left in stock for 20 sum bucks and 2 week delivery from USA. I can't wait for that bs..
20230212_150531.jpg

Could you use a touch up paint pen from an Auto parts store? Still over $20 but maybe in stock local.

Dog sleds won't haul for them..... :poke:

Everyone is out except one that has 2 left in stock for 20 sum bucks and 2 week delivery from USA. I can't wait for that bs..
View attachment 1417286
Is that it - it looks great! Mine had a couple good scratches in it so I had to sand the whole thing down and polish it back.

Shifter handle bolted back on to it's mechanism.
1966plysathp2ptr 060.jpg

Console top plate and boot snugged together with the 4 pal nuts
1966plysathp2ptr 066.jpg

A bit of silicon lube on the handle shaft so the boot would slide, as it was resisting, and then turned into position.
1966plysathp2ptr 067.jpg

Fought to keep the rubber sealing strips in place while I placed the top plate and then put the 2 screws back in that are hidden by the compartment door. Everything lines up nicely. Need to find someone that can redo the seat foam without wrecking the covers.
1966plysathp2ptr 085.jpg

Shot of the original heater box while I'm in here. Model 747 and I'm guessing shift 1.
1966plysathp2ptr 092.jpg

Apparently Testers isn't making any White model paint. No hobby shop or Michaels within 300 miles has any stock, nor can they get it. So I used some spray White Tremclad Gloss, sprayed into a lid to evaporate some of the carrier solvent. Toothpick for a "brush". First coat going on.
1966plysathp2ptr 098.jpg

I just kept filling with the tooth pic and wiping excess with a cloth, until I figured I was pushing my luck.
1966plysathp2ptr 104.jpg

Final fill and then took a Popsicle stick with a shop towel on it to buff across the script.
1966plysathp2ptr 108.jpg

Ain't that spiffy...
1966plysathp2ptr 109.jpg

In the sun to bake.
1966plysathp2ptr 118.jpg

Thank you for your time and patience to post these details on all of your projects. There is lots of valuable information here and everyone benefits from your work and experience.

Yep, I polished my knob today...
1966plysathp2pts 001.jpg

Shifter knob installed.
1966plysathp2pts 013.jpg

Something I probably should have tried from the start, glued the boot cracks with Gorilla Super Glue. Never thought it would do rubber..
1966plysathp2pts 010.jpg

Worked pretty good. I can stretch it and can't pull the glued tears apart!
1966plysathp2pts 015.jpg

Dry charged script battery that I've had on the shelf for 33 years. No point filling it with acid, time to gut it and install an Odyssey AGM battery inside.
1966plysathp2pts 026.jpg

Bottom of the case..
1966plysathp2pts 028.jpg

Drill the corners and then cut it out.
1966plysathp2pts 034.jpg

This saw is the cats ***...
1966plysathp2pts 036.jpg

Carefully prying and breaking the plastic cell walls apart as I go.
1966plysathp2pts 042.jpg

Cut each cell wall as far down as I could and then chisel out the center section and pull out. Need to pull all the plates as I go. Was sure easier doing the one in 2019 that was split in half.
1966plysathp2pts 059.jpg

Hardest part is getting the first cell or two cleaned out so you can rock the plates back and forth, one at a time, to break them off their main lugs and then pull them out.
1966plysathp2pts 074.jpg

Now I can make some headway, don't get in too much of a hurry as the case plastic is brittle as hell. Wear a mask!
1966plysathp2pts 081.jpg

6 cleaned out, 2 to go.
1966plysathp2pts 086.jpg

Lugs need to be spread at the plastic divider and the plastic chipped out, then GENTLY pop them out of their holes. Make sure you don't disturb the connection terminal lugs!
1966plysathp2pts 088.jpg

All cleaned out and the terminal lugs drilled 1/4" for bolts. Note the JB Plastic Bonder and that I need to take my own advise on "GENTLE".
1966plysathp2pts 110.jpg

Gutted battery case and two cables made up. Crimped and soldered lugs.
1966plysathp2pts 106.jpg

Cables bolted in with some AN4-6A bolts and nuts. Odyssey PC925 battery ordered from Saskbattery.com yesterday with free shipping. $164 LESS than Aircraft Spruce or most places that sell them. ACS didn't even have stock, Saskbattery already shipped! Total cost $321 Cdn.
1966plysathp2pts 109.jpg

Last edited:
Hardest part is getting the first cell or two cleaned out so you can rock the plates back and forth, one at a time, to break them off their main lugs and then pull them out.
View attachment 1418525
Now I can make some headway, don't get in too much of a hurry as the case plastic is brittle as hell. Wear a mask!
View attachment 1418526
6 cleaned out, 2 to go.
View attachment 1418527
Lugs need to be spread at the plastic divider and the plastic chipped out, then GENTLY pop them out of their holes. Make sure you don't disturb the connection terminal lugs!
View attachment 1418528
All cleaned out and the terminal lugs drilled 1/4" for bolts. Note the JB Plastic Bonder and that I need to take my own advise on "GENTLE".
View attachment 1418529
Gutted battery case and two cables made up. Crimped and soldered lugs.
View attachment 1418530
Cables bolted in with some AN4-6A bolts and nuts. Odyessy PC925 battery ordered from Saskbattery.com yesterday with free shipping. $164 LESS than Aircraft Spruce or most places that sell them. ACS didn't even have stock, Saskbattery already shipped! Total cost $321 Cdn.
View attachment 1418531

I am not yet current on battery upgrades, is the battery you ordered one of those dry cell ones that last for a long time? Can they sit for long periods without discharging? I am getting close to battery time and would like to know about potential upgrades.

I am not yet current on battery upgrades, is the battery you ordered one of those dry cell ones that last for a long time? Can they sit for long periods without discharging? I am getting close to battery time and would like to know about potential upgrades.
Odyssey PC925. Sealed AGM battery. You can use them in any position but upside down. The one in my airplane is now 12 years old and cranks so fast I can taxi down the lake on the starter alone. I have them in three of my cars, this will be 4. Same as my airplane I don't even bother charging them over the Winter. Everything starts in the Spring.

Saskbattery-ods-PC925.png

Wayne the battery your hollowing out that sat on shelf 33 years did it ever have acid in it?

Auto Transport Service
Back