• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 440 Bendix Hemi Booster Owners/

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
According to what I have read, Hemi boosters came on Hemi cars.
Our 67 440 Charger was ordered with power discs, it has a Hemi booster. We also have a burnt 67 440 auto Charger that has a Hemi booster and power discs. Sent pictures to Dr.Diff, who verified them.
Wondering how many of them are out there, some of the GTX and R/T guys might have them.

According to what I have read, Hemi boosters came on Hemi cars.
Our 67 440 Charger was ordered with power discs, it has a Hemi booster. We also have a burnt 67 440 auto Charger that has a Hemi booster and power discs. Sent pictures to Dr.Diff, who verified them.
Wondering how many of them are out there, some of the GTX and R/T guys might have them.
Your car has a Hemi booster, but not the offset Hemi booster bracket. Your booster attaches directly to the brake backing plate. It probably also has the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers. This was common on high performance cars ordered with power disc brakes.

1967 b-bodies with Factory Bendix 4 piston disc brakes came with the booster that sits up off the firewall on the bracket similar to a hemi. I don’t know if it is the same as a hemi booster, with the larger studs and different spacing, but it looks like it.

This is nothing rare or unusual on a 1967. In 1968 the 440 GTX & R/T cars had the disc brake booster bolt to the firewall like normal.

I have one off a car and one on the car, I can take photos.

If remember right my 66 or 67 had a indent in the booster for the hemi head to clear , was different than 383 or the 440 , which I installed , the org hemi was blown , it did have the KH 4 piston calipers . I thought that was only dif ,in booster.

Your car has a Hemi booster, but not the offset Hemi booster bracket. Your booster attaches directly to the brake backing plate. It probably also has the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers. This was common on high performance cars ordered with power disc brakes.

Both of the cars have the booster about 1 inch away from the bracket and the correct linkage. The 68 Bendix booster bolts directly to firewall bracket. I knew this would bring comment. My studs are the same spacing and size as the Hemi backing plate. Onward.

ppb7.jpg
Booster bolt pattern on back of the 440 could be different. Boosters look the same.

If I am remembering right a -
Hemi booster has 3/8 "studs.
non hemi has 5/16 " studs

Here are the pictures of the bracket and booster from our 67 L 4 speed. I have a burnt 67 L 440 auto that looks the same. The 4 speed was factory ordered with discs.

Auto Transport Service
Back