• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

I started working on sheet metal again this weekend for the first time since this fall. Since I have the parts car I now have some of the stuff I need to replace some of my rust damage.

I started repairing the drivers side fender this weekend. The inner structure was pretty bad and my 66 fender was good inside but damaged outside. So naturally I started to mate the two.

The photos show where I got two before I ran out of welding gas.

100_5791.JPG

100_5792.JPG

100_5793.JPG

100_5794.JPG

100_5795.JPG

100_5796.JPG

100_5797.JPG

Good to see you back on it, Springs just around the corner now, do i hear a Hemi? Good luck bud!!!

Thanks guys, its been a few months since any real progress that's for sure. Of course I had to take a break to sell some things so I could buy some things...:headbang:

I did some more work last night on the fender. Its amazing how much work it takes to replace rust the right way. Anyway, I took some crappy photos with my phone for your viewing pleasure.

0222121837.jpg

0222122027.jpg

0222122027a.jpg

0222122045.jpg

0222122049.jpg

Thanks, yeah I am attempting to keep busy on it but I get pulled off fairly regularly with my 1 year old.

I went last night and picked up my transmission and the flywheel should be here later today. I picked up a NV3500 from the local salvage yard and the flywheel from speedway motors.

I plan to run a stock Ram 2500 flywheel and clutch mated to the NV3500 since the stock NV4500 and NV3500 both have the same shaft diameter and spline count. So with any luck this might be a pretty decent swap that I haven't seen anybody try in a car.

Yes I know the NV3500 is only rated for 300 lbft but in my application with a lighter car and being a street driver my hope is it should hold up for quite a while. My budget prevents expensive transmission choices right now and the only real trans to put behind here to hold the torque would be a t-56 or TR6060. But since the NV3500 cost less than the bell housing...I'm giving this a shot.

Sometime in the next few weeks I hope to start shoe-horning this thing in the car so keep an eye out for lots of pictures.

Well I got a little more done in the garage tonight. Only ended up with about an hour and half out there so not much but a tad. I did manage to get the fender welded back together and prime the bare metal until I do body work. I'll add in a photo of the new trans for those of you who are wondering what an nv3500 looks like.

0301122011.jpg

0301122012.jpg

0228121805.jpg

got a whole weekend ahead of you

One might think so but no. I stayed in last night to help watch my son and then today I am watching him while my wife works followed by going visit my Dad for his birthday. So basically I'll have time out in the garage on Sunday but thats about it. Pretty typical of a weekend for me really. This is what happens when you have kids :crybaby2: but he's a blast so :headbang:

Well I finally wrapped up the sheet-metal work on the drivers side fender. I had to replace the section where it bolts to the inner fenders up top on the rail, the triangle section up top the splash guard bolts to, and lots of work on the lower section and mounting brace. It came out pretty good for me being new to this stuff and for making my own patch piece.

0304120924.jpg

0304120924a.jpg

0304120924b.jpg

0304121438.jpg

0304121438a.jpg

0304121438b.jpg

0304121531.jpg

100_5964.jpg

100_5963.jpg

100_5962.jpg

100_5961.jpg

Well its official the car is back up front ready for work this spring. Its out of its wintry resting place in the backyard. I have a bit more work to do on the front fenders then I start prepping the engine bay for the transplant.

Sometime in the next couple weeks I should try to wedge this thing in there.

Well I got some work done today. Nothing really to the 67 but I started pulling necessary parts off the 66. Some for sale some for use on the 67. I have decided to get what I need from the 66 now and put whats left up for sale to get it out of my hair. I'll be robbing the trunk and all the chrome parts, door hinges, and doors (for patch panels).

Here's a couple photos of some of the parts I took off and the 67 with the fenders temporarily put on, just for looks and space saving.

0311121455.jpg

0311121044.jpg

0311121044a.jpg

0311121327.jpg

0311121327a.jpg

0311121327b.jpg

Nothing terribly significant to update but I did manage to pull my brake booster and master cylinder out of a salvage yard this past weekend. I will be retro-fitting a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee booster/master to convert over to power brakes. It came off a Disc/Disc setup so it should be good when/if I go to rear disc.

This weekend the intent is to strip the floor out of the 66 for parts/patches on the 67 and then I am starting the tear down of the rest of the rust on the 67. Once I am satisfied the 67 is structurally sound in the rear end and rust free I will officially start making motor mounts!

Looking good! I'll be working on my 66 soon so your thread will be very helpful. I'd like to convert my car to power brakes as well, is the Grand Cherokee set up a bolt-on? Sending you a PM for parts.

Looking good! I'll be working on my 66 soon so your thread will be very helpful. I'd like to convert my car to power brakes as well, is the Grand Cherokee set up a bolt-on? Sending you a PM for parts.

Thanks, no its not, the bolt pattern is different then the stock setup. After I get the 66 out of my driveway and start in the engine compartment I will be posting pics of the process of installation. It should be farely straight forward. I may wait to install it until the engine is in making sure I give myself enough clearance. I'll have to try to post a few pics of the parts to give you an idea but the wife virusized the laptop last night so thats my first project.

Auto Transport Service
Back