• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Not much progress but a start:

I started making the replacement section of the trunk extension, ready to weld and then finish fitting. I also have to decide whether or not to try to bead the thing.

I also picked up a pint of paint to see what the color code turned up. Not exactly the same as my stock color but I really like it...(its missing some of the green hue the stock has) hopefully the pic turns out ok, it looks close on my monitor but no idea what it will look like to you guys. Oh and thats a scrap fender I painted so disregard the rust and dents.

Also forgot to show you guys the brake booster

View attachment 0904120958.jpg

View attachment 0904121135.jpg

View attachment 0904121135a.jpg

View attachment 0903121100.jpg

View attachment 0817121612.jpg

Your paint color looks like the '67 Plymouth Medium Metallic Blue like on my car.....

Attachments

• IMG_6242 (Large).jpg
    IMG_6242 (Large).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_6200.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 617
  • 67 Bevedere II (Large).jpg
    67 Bevedere II (Large).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 621
I do to, and it does look like it match's about perfect!

Your paint color looks like the '67 Plymouth Medium Metallic Blue like on my car.....

It does look similar to Med Blue which is why i am 10% undecided.

I do like the color and am about 90% sure I am going to go with it. This just makes me itch to get this thing in paint...I can't walk past that dented rusty fender without staring at it...

Last edited:
You can do anything. Damn. Like somebody else said you ain't skeered. lol Nice fab skills, man. You're certifiable.

You can do anything. Damn. Like somebody else said you ain't skeered. lol Nice fab skills, man. You're certifiable.

Thanks. You guys keep stroking my ego like this I might start to think I'm good at this...lol

LOL naw, keep being modest!!! hahaha

i love the color!!! i say go for it!!!!

Small amount of progress this weekend. I finished the trunk extension and got it in the car but not attached as of yet. I was planning on it yesterday but lake effect rain put a damper on my plans so instead I worked on my sons little parade car and built shelves in the shed. Also went to a car show (forgot the camera) and manage to snag an original 67 plate that I can legally run on the coronet. Also found a vintage 69' Chilton manual.

I made some good progress today but sadly nothing really you can see in a photo. I got the pass trunk extension welded in completely the rear cross rail ready to go in the car and primed and then spent a couple hours abusing my air compressor removing loose undercoating. I am about to the point where I can prime the rest of the undercarriage but first I need to finish welding that cross rail in and some spot welds in the trunk I did not finish. Then aside from assembly I will have no reason to go under this thing! I can wait for that part.

I got some work done tonight, the rear cross rail is all welded in and I even finished welding up the spot welds in the trunk I hadn't finished. Just gotta finish grinding and cleaning up the welds. Then up next will be getting the undercarriage primed/painted/undercoated.

Pics to come shortly, I am feeling too lazy to get up and get the memory card.

your moving at a steady pace. keep up the great work.

you must be single, or have no small children ...:blob1:

you must be single, or have no small children ...:blob1:

Married with a 18 month old....she is just a very good wife!

Got some work done tonight but not much by means of photos. Finished up the last bit of welding I had related to the rear of the car and prepped the undercarriage for paint. Tomorrow it will get sealed up for the last time under there!.

I also while waiting for the undercarriage to dry after washing it made mounts for my radiator. I don't like the upper mounts so I will re-do those a bit stiffer but in a similar fashion.

Attachments

• 0929121749.jpg
    0929121749.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 493
  • 0929121751.jpg
    0929121751.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 469
  • 0929121841.jpg
    0929121841.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 503
Auto Transport Service
Back