• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX Brake Booster

Darrell Lewis

Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
Please Help

With the hassle of getting the Bad Power Brake Booster out and before I make the mistake and install the wrong model.. Can someone point in in the right direction of were to purchase the correct direct replacement model.. and or part number..

As I look on line most look different

Assuming yours is an original b body unit, you should get it rebuilt by a reputable shop. I got an original rebuilt unit via Norms Speed Shop.

There are the similar looking repo ones being sold everywhere such as ebay and the repo houses. Those are supposed to be good, but I did read someone on his board having issues with one.

Assuming yours is an original b body unit, you should get it rebuilt by a reputable shop. I got an original rebuilt unit via Norms Speed Shop.

There are the similar looking repo ones being sold everywhere such as ebay and the repo houses. Those are supposed to be good, but I did read someone on his board having issues with one.

After posting I found a place in San Jose Ca to rebuild my original Booster for $130.00 with 48 hour service.. I couldn't agree more regarding keeping correct equipment.. remove the small date tag and boxed it for shipping tonight..

I'll post again after it returns..

I used Booster Dewey. Original Booster works great after rebuild.

beleave it or not .. i got a reman from auto zone. works fine and it is a reman mopar part with the mopar number still on it. was 150 bucks BUT the core was 500 bucks.

beleave it or not .. i got a reman from auto zone. works fine and it is a reman mopar part with the mopar number still on it. was 150 bucks BUT the core was 500 bucks.
Was that the big one or the smaller pancake more looking one that's not as long, I tried to find it on the AutoZone website and it seems the 67 still shows the smaller non disc brake power booster and I had to go up to 69 to find the right larger front disc brake power booster

Auto Transport Service
Back