• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger dyno session 2 pics and results

That looks like a stock third member.
I have an aftermarket third member from quick performance that was built to handle 1000 HP.

It is a stock yoke, but the yoke isn't what broke. I wish you luck. With the tires you have on it , I doubt if it'll hook hard enough to hurt it. But if it leaves like this you'll be in trouble. All 8 3/4 pinion shafts are the same material.
Doug

Attachments

• Scott at Quaker.jpg
    Scott at Quaker.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 253
Thanks guys,I am not that worried when it breaks I will fix it.That's what having cars like these is all about.

Yeah I am real impressed with there blow through design.Roger did a good job pre tuning it for me.( I had to remind him a couple of times that I was at 6000 feet.)

Hey Average Joe,

Been keeping an eye out to see more of your posts and this car! Any pics of the custom grill and hood for us yet?

I'll be going the procharger route too and curious why you chose water/methanol injection over Intercooler or an IC/water-meth injection combo? Decision primarily based on having enough room for an IC?

Also what are your blower cam specs? and compression?

That's one serious and very cool Charger you have I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more about it and may have some more procharger questions for ya!

Mike

That quite impressive

Hey Average Joe,

Been keeping an eye out to see more of your posts and this car! Any pics of the custom grill and hood for us yet?

I'll be going the procharger route too and curious why you chose water/methanol injection over Intercooler or an IC/water-meth injection combo? Decision primarily based on having enough room for an IC?

Also what are your blower cam specs? and compression?

That's one serious and very cool Charger you have I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more about it and may have some more procharger questions for ya!

Mike

Hey Mike, I got the hood built but it's still serving its sentence in paint shop prison. I dropped it off almost two months ago so hopefully I'll get it back in a couple of weeks maybe?I stop by the shop thats painting it every couple of weeks to see the hood move from one wall to another.(annoying!!)
I chose straight Water/methanol mostly because of how simple it is to run and set up. Intercooling works great but with the supercharger it's not as necessary as with a turbo cause there is no exhaust heat so you can cool the air charge and add another fuel with a simple set up.At least in street/strip app.That and there is no room for it.LOL
I run about 9.2-1 on the compression.
I added a pic of the cam specs.DSC01982.jpg
The cam was designed by Bob Woods at the supercharger store in Arizona. They are awesome to work with.That were I got the system from.
Thanks,Joe

Thanks Joe!

This is all new to me so I'm just trying to cram as much information is possible so I can make educated decisions along the way. I have someone that will be doing the install and fab work once I have the rest of my pieces together but right now I definitely have lots of questions while I assemble components. I'll definitely get in touch with Bob Woods

The cam I have now has a grind of a 112 degree centerline installed at around 108 for my engine. I was leaning towards intercooling only because I've seen my installer do some really cool custom intercooler builds (was thinking a split unit to keep flow to the rad) but seeing your numbers on water/meth and knowing how much more room it leaves under the hood definitely has me thinking.

Is your carb hat regular or low profile? any restrictions to low profile? also I like the black did you have yours coated or is that how it came?

One other question I see you're still running a fairly high compression for the amount of boost and I'm seriously impressed by your torque numbers. If I go with a spacer to take a bit of compression out would I be sacrificing much torque or does the boost make up for that?? My idea was to keep it around 8lbs(ish)

Thanks again for any help you can provide and I'll definitely get in touch with Bob since I've still got parts to get

Thanks Joe!

This is all new to me so I'm just trying to cram as much information is possible so I can make educated decisions along the way. I have someone that will be doing the install and fab work once I have the rest of my pieces together but right now I definitely have lots of questions while I assemble components. I'll definitely get in touch with Bob Woods

The cam I have now has a grind of a 112 degree centerline installed at around 108 for my engine. I was leaning towards intercooling only because I've seen my installer do some really cool custom intercooler builds (was thinking a split unit to keep flow to the rad) but seeing your numbers on water/meth and knowing how much more room it leaves under the hood definitely has me thinking.

Is your carb hat regular or low profile? any restrictions to low profile? also I like the black did you have yours coated or is that how it came?

One other question I see you're still running a fairly high compression for the amount of boost and I'm seriously impressed by your torque numbers. If I go with a spacer to take a bit of compression out would I be sacrificing much torque or does the boost make up for that?? My idea was to keep it around 8lbs(ish)

Thanks again for any help you can provide and I'll definitely get in touch with Bob since I've still got parts to get

Hey Mike,The carb hat is the the standard hat that came with the kit.It fit under the hood when I had the 440 in the car. I had the hat and tubing powder coated black it comes raw aluminum.I did the fab work on the tubing and I am still working on my aluminum welding,thats another reason it's powder coated.LOL With water/meth you can run more compression and not detonate.Your torque is going to come from your C.I.D and the boost.I was looking at your build Sweet Car!! Looks like you have 522 CID. and you have a D-1x Procharger? That supercharger might be a little small for the size of your motor but if you only plan on running 8lbs of boost you should be ok. I have some parts left from when I switched to the Hemi. PM me and let me know what you are missing.
Thanks,Joe

Sorry mike I couldn't add pics through PM so I put them here.
Here are the parts I have left.
This also a pic of when I had the 440 in the car.
A few pics of the set up.

IMG_0042.jpgIMG_0382.jpgIMG_0383.jpgIMG_0385.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back