• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Pocket Secretary

SgtSuperbird

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I've done a search on the internet, but I haven't been able to answer my question. Does anyone know if a Dodge Pocket Secretary was issued for the 1969 model year?

I want to thank my buddy, "Pinball Jim" for passing this cool little piece on to me.

20240302_114526~2.jpg

I've done a search on the internet, but I haven't been able to answer my question. Does anyone know if a Dodge Pocket Secretary was issued for the 1969 model year?

I want to thank my buddy, "Pinball Jim" for passing this cool little piece on to me.

View attachment 1620687
whats in it?

I was just preparing some clearer pictures: (there's other non-automotive related pages, such as weights and measures, and blank pages to take notes).

20240303_182816~2.jpg

20240303_183123~3.jpg

The Pocket Secretary and Technical data book was a pocket sized book designed to help salesmen stay organized and up to date on current models. In addition to standard administrative things like a yearly calendar and a section for names and phone numbers, the book contains a breakdown of standard and optional equipment for cars, paint codes, capacities and other data. There are sections on how to decode VINs and fender tags for both cars and trucks. Other sections include technical data like capacities and engine specifications. As a further reference, the book contains contact information for Mopar Zone offices and training centers as well as common engineering data and formulas.

I have seen them through the 70s , had one for the year s 1975 1976 at one time

I'm curious if one exists for the 68 Plymouth Road runner.etc.

You can find numerous salesman pocket guides from various years scanned and posted in the library at Hamtramck Historical. New books are added as they become available. (I'm scanning two new pocket guides tonight).

If you have pocket guides that are not on the site and should be, please contact me. I've scaned numerous items that belong to other people and we post them.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1965 - 1969)

You can find numerous salesman pocket guides from various years scanned and posted in the library at Hamtramck Historical. New books are added as they become available. (I'm scanning two new pocket guides tonight).

If you have pocket guides that are not on the site and should be, please contact me. I've scaned numerous items that belong to other people and we post them.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1965 - 1969)
One of the first places I checked was this wonderful, informative site. What is listed in the Registry is not what I have. This "Pocket Secretary" is not tailored for a salesman; it's for the consumer. It does not contain lists of standard and optional equipment, pricing, paint codes or zone office information. From the printing on the bottom of the front cover, it appears that it was a handout from the dealer to the customer.

Auto Transport Service
Back