• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

Front glass, other than three little defects trapped in between layers is exact. You'd see it went in fine if you read through my entire restoration thread. Don't jinx me on the door glass, it's sitting beside my work bench. Seemed to match the OE's curve and exact same thickness.

wayne, have you had any dealings with them on their front windshields or anyone that has had a issue with front or door glass?
Yes....I had a front windshield in another car. Per the glass installer words at the time, "man I had a hard time getting it in".....

They buy their glass from JRD international in CA.......AMD accepts everything and do not QC them. ECS glass comes from JRD as well.....ECS will NOT accept a single piece that doesn't meet specs.......So there is a CLEAR benefit to pay a little more to do the job once and right.....

I would only buy new glass from ECS.....

I found JRD by searching... their return policy is only SEVEN days! :screwy:

I can't believe that they'd have two forming moulds to do back glass. One correct for ECS and another that's not for AMD. Unless they have a two step forming process, with two forming stations and the night shift makes AMD's and skips step #2 ! That and with AMD's own claim / admission, they have NEVER had a correct back glass. No offer to go through their stock and find me one that Dave didn't get.. they just couldn't because they've never had a correct one in stock period! No lie in the advertisement though as they claim "it is the correct thickness and fit". Nothing about optics or shape! Some Ebayers claim "from New Tooling".. nope, apparently not. I'm betting AMD comes from Taiwan as it certainly isn't coming from the same tooling that ECS's are if Dave's are truly correct.

I found JRD by searching... their return policy is only SEVEN days! :screwy:

I can't believe that they'd have two forming moulds to do back glass. One correct for ECS and another that's not for AMD. Unless they have a two step forming process, with two forming stations and the night shift makes AMD's and skips step #2 ! That and with AMD's own claim / admission, they have NEVER had a correct back glass. No offer to go through their stock and find me one that Dave didn't get.. they just couldn't because they've never had a correct one in stock period! No lie in the advertisement though as they claim "it is the correct thickness and fit". Nothing about optics or shape! Some Ebayers claim "from New Tooling".. nope, apparently not. I'm betting AMD comes from Taiwan as it certainly isn't coming from the same tooling that ECS's are if Dave's are truly correct.
You cannot buy direct from JRD as a consumer.......

I know for a fact AMD buys from JRD.....I have a little more insight than a web search.......The problem is AMD only care about a number on a shelf for the basis of actual sales.....One large bulk buy for a discounted price and ZERO QC......

Dave has taken original NOS and factory original glass and that is compared to what they receive. The return window means nothing to them because I am sure all is inspected and sent back within that period.....I was told this specifically by Tom at ECS and Dave has stated that in the past........

You have to get it in your head that there are less than a handful of vendors that CARE about the product they offer to the consumer....Wanna guess how big this less than 5 vendors actually are as a company?............Sad but true......

Well if they both get from JRD.. then there's two forming moulds. They can't be this far off from lack of QC alone.

Well if they both get from JRD.. then there's two forming moulds. They can't be this far off from lack of QC alone.
There is Zero profit for ECS to pay up front for all the moulds for all the glass he offers......Think about how much glass does he really sells....I bet with what he sells he loses on.....Moulds do not cost a couple grand BTW.....

How many of these cheapo's on the forum are really going to pay up for ECS glass versus a discounted AMD junk unit......They always go for the lesser number.....

You get what you pay for in this scenario....no question end of story.....I can give a rats azz about AMD because they have zero interest to change for our niche. I just know for an absolute that buying ANYTHING from ECS fits and functions 100%......

Same goes for AMD's sheet metal...We buy a 1/4 to weld on at a price....fits like snot and the lines are terrible.......Then I have to spend X amount additional dollars for the body man to manipulate to fit up and to finish work the body lines....Total horse manure and that is 100% unacceptable with all the technology we have available.....

Glad to see you were able to work it out. Sucks that they can't even be up front to call out the differences between OEM vs repop.

Oh I know what moulds cost, I've co-owned an injection moulding business since 1985. Started shop making the very first plastic locking mechanism for TRW seat belts, for the GM line, and we're still in operation. As you saw my AMD glass was TOTALLY convex with the bottom "ears" just twisted up. I can't see forming that, with no concave section around the upper and sides, unless there are two moulds or a two stage process and AMD's runs skip stage 2.

Glad to see you were able to work it out. Sucks that they can't even be up front to call out the differences between OEM vs repop.
If they did would you buy it?

They are just like GYC....extensive marketing fools the consumer to believe they are the best resource....

Because everything on TV is correct, right?

Oh I know what moulds cost, I've co-owned an injection moulding business since 1985. Started shop making the very first plastic locking mechanism for TRW seat belts, for the GM line, and we're still in operation. As you saw my AMD glass was TOTALLY convex with the bottom "ears" just twisted up. I can't see forming that, with no concave section around the upper and sides, unless there are two moulds or a two stage process and AMD's runs skip stage 2.
I believe AMD gets what they negotiated with from JRD........Time per piece costs the manufacturer more and costs the vendor more.......

AMD has factored in their pricing the cost of X number returns to yield a certain amount of profit/loss......

That is why I have zero tolerance for them and the ones like them......I would rather pay double/triple for a one time fit and long lasting part....in the long run that is cheaper for me......

Oh you're preaching to the same choir! LOL I do want pictures of your ECS back glass though before I do another car!

Oh you're preaching to the same choir! LOL I do want pictures of your ECS back glass though before I do another car!
:thumbsup:
IMG_0967.jpg

Cripes! It cannot be that difficult to produce a correctly shaped piece of glass. Maybe they did wind tunnel testing and the bubble shape is more aerodynamic lol.

Justin that picture doesn't have me convinced that the full OE concave is there either... I'll have to come and see it in person!! :thumbsup:

The OE glass I ended up installing...
beerestoration2019 029.JPG

Last edited:
Justin that picture doesn't have me convinced that the full OE concave is there either... I'll have to come and see it in person!! :thumbsup:
I wish I took a picture of the original glass laid over it.......You know how particular I am.....So all the glass I got from ECS. I matched up to the original......There was no discrepancy with any of them.......I gave away the original glass to a friend who needed it for his bird but thats back in Texas......

Any part NOS, reproduction and even original if replaced....I compare, compare and compare.....Test fit etc....before the final fit....Pictures are hard to distinguish sometimes but the proof lied in a part that fits right and matched the original part....

After the glass was in and I got deep in my thread I kicked myself for not doing that.......

Now what you can do is call ECS and speak to Tom....I bet they can supply you any comparison pics you want.......

The X is at the Gilmore museum by Kalamazoo MI.....They are open seven days a week........

Auto Transport Service
Back