• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

Finally got around to some "glamour shots" while moving cars bay to bay. I didn't clean the dirt off the car, but you'd never know!

bee&birdjuly182019 033.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 034.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 039.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 040.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 044.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 046.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 048.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 051.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 060.JPG
bee&birdjuly182019 061.JPG

Some things are never done. Service sticker that an airplane friend, Wayne Dickson, that owns Southern Aero LLC in Georgia sent me.

Tune up sitcker from Wayne as well.. that I figured the battery was a safe place for.

superbirdshakedownjuly262019 084.JPG superbirdshakedownjuly262019 086.JPG

Still banging up the mileage ! Have just decided... it's just a car, like it always has been, living on a gravel road or not!
beeandbirdcruisesept12019 011.JPG
beeandbirdcruisesept12019 015.JPG
beeandbirdcruisesept12019 017.JPG

I go down the road a little faster every time Jeff ! At least the wife takes care of my Bird a bit better... LOL
beeandbirdcruisesept12019 003.JPG

After being on a gravel road and you get up to speed on the main road, when you least expect it, Pow! off comes a stone into the fender well. Scares the crap out of me half the time. Have to watch putting small dents in the top part of the front fenders.

You have a nice looking pair there I must say
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yep.. I like to scrub NASCAR style just after leaving the gravel to get rid of it. The nice thing is the Goodyear raceway redlines don't seem to pick the stones up too much.. unlike the polyglass ones on the Bird.

Almost forgot that I hadn't waxed the *** end so we could float out the vinyl stripe into place. May have been a catastrophe if some asshat had of set a beer down on the lid during the Daughters wedding on Saturday. Cleaned the stripe with rubbing alcohol first and then waxed and hand buffed her rear. Did the grill while I was at it so maybe the bugs won't stick.

Note to others... DO NOT pin prick any stripe air bubbles during install. Just let them take care of themselves over time, some of mine took almost a month to disappear but they are ALL gone. I have a couple that I poked that now look like tick bites that won't clean up and are dark little circles!
beerestoration2019part2 1056.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 1060.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 1062.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 1064.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 1068.JPG

Almost forgot that I hadn't waxed the *** end so we could float out the vinyl stripe into place. May have been a catastrophe if some asshat had of set a beer down on the lid during the Daughters wedding on Saturday. Cleaned the stripe with rubbing alcohol first and then waxed and hand buffed her rear. Did the grill while I was at it so maybe the bugs won't stick.

Note to others... DO NOT pin prick any stripe air bubbles during install. Just let them take care of themselves over time, some of mine took almost a month to disappear but they are ALL gone. I have a couple that I poked that now look like tick bites that won't clean up and are dark little circles!
View attachment 834602 View attachment 834603 View attachment 834604 View attachment 834605 View attachment 834607
She looks beautiful

Looks awesome and I drive by that Penetanguishene 93 sign every time I go home now . I think your only 1/2 from me away .

Looks awesome and I drive by that Penetanguishene 93 sign every time I go home now . I think your only 1/2 from me away .
Where you living now? About 30 minutes from 400/93 or 11/93. Takes us 25 minutes to get to the Daughters house in Orr Lake and another 5 minutes gets you to the 400.

You mean 400/93.. So right behind my Daughter.. she's on the corner of Scarlet and McDonald Rd in Orr Lake.

Was actually going to go to the Wasaga Beach cruise night but the water heater is leaking and the repair guy is on his way .

Always something!! I'm into day 23 x 12 hours a day getting the place ready for our Daughters wedding on Saturday.. but hoping next week I can go for a cruise! LOL.. Then we're off to Alabama for the wing car 50th anniversary. Wife and I may take a break on Wednesday and cruise over to Warminster with both cars to show my paint man them finished!

That will be nice for your daughters wedding and the big cruise to Alabama . Warminister isn't far from either basically 15 minutes from here .
Let me know maybe we can meet up and let me see that Bee . My offer still stands for the Bird storage lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back