• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

So sorry for your loss Wayne. Bravo to you for posting many tributes of your beautiful daughter. The pain will always be there, but sharing her memory is a wonderful thing.

Yep, fully aware. May be why we were at City hall at 20 and 18! :lol:
weddingpicture 005.jpg

Last edited:
Hair or no hair Jeff... she's onto me like glue! Decided we were too old to crawl in the back seat, so the couch had to do! Thanks for the wishes and support throughout the car restoration and all the other stuff folks!
38thanniversary 005.JPG

Looks like you emptied your glass before the toast. Glad to see you two doing well.

Sad for the loss of your daughter. That is a tough one.
We all need to enjoy & support & let our loved ones KNOW we love them while they are with us.
Life is too short and very fragile!

Thanks guys! I'm gonna share this video up and you can watch her other 65+ incentive videos she made if you so chose. I can watch this about twice a year, it keeps me grounded enough to not complain about my aches and pains. A FULL year, 6 days a week of therapy to be the first person in the world to walk on an unattached leg.. all for not. Note the "I love muscle cars" T shirt.. lol

Now I promise I'll get back to cars! Raining again today, hopefully tomorrow I can take my sweetheart for a remembrance cruise!

Last edited:
Yeah, you're not supposed to outlive your kids; just not right.

Wayne, I recently (early 2020) started following your build because that's such a beautiful Superbee (love those rims!) and as a fellow do it yourselfer, your work keeps me motivated. But when I saw recent posts of you sharing the more vulnerable side of you, I began to appreciate you & your work even more! Niche forums like these can be so "mechanical" for a lack of a better word, that we dare to remind forum followers that we are humans & are effected by real feelings and emotions. I'm glad you had the courage to share Jennifer with us. She is still touching lives & reminding even us "mechanicals" how precious life is. Thanks for that! I might never meet you & your wife, but if I did, I might give you both big hugs.
Sincerely,
Will

Well Will, Jennifer was a champion right to the end without a single complaint....passing away in our front room after a long courageous battle with Ewing's. She tried to motivate people to keep their spirits alive, the least I can do is carry it forward and why I do my best to help those I can.

As for those rims, I saved my pennies at $1.85/hr when I was 15/16 to buy those rims. We actually hid them in the Canadian Tire service department until I had the funds to buy them outright in 1979 when I was 17 and they were suddenly back in stock! Love'm or hate'm, they have history on the car... and THANKS for your thoughts, been a tough week.
beepics 002.JPG

One weeping heater hose and the air flow from an 80 mile x 60 MPH cruise can sure mess up all your detail work. Guess I'll break out the windex tomorrow..
beethanksgivingcruise2020 053.JPG
beethanksgivingcruise2020 054.JPG
beethanksgivingcruise2020 055.JPG
beethanksgivingcruise2020 059.JPG
beethanksgivingcruise2020 013.JPG

Well, there are advantages to not having the most original, professionally detailed engine bay
in the world, I guess. :)
I run a dedicated car body duster over mine and wipe off the greasy parts once in a while is all.
Had a friend at the last cruise-in try to bust my chops about it not being "show quality"....
I looked at him sideways and said "what part of Fred IS??"
Told him to grab a rag and a bottle of something if he felt the need....
Turns out, he didn't. :)

Yours is so nice, Wayne. I feel your pain there, my friend. I'm sure it'll be spin n span in no time. :thumbsup:

That sucks. Hope it cleans up OK. Engine bays are the toughest to keep really nice.

That's a bummer, especially in such a beautiful engine compartment. On a positive note, you didn't mention overheating so you got home OK.

That's a bummer, especially in such a beautiful engine compartment. On a positive note, you didn't mention overheating so you got home OK.
Nope, it doesn't overheat.. runs right on the thermostat. Just a shitty OE style hose clamp and a weeping hose on the rear pump fitting. The Bee has never stranded me and I've been driving it personally since 1978.

Nope, it doesn't overheat.. runs right on the thermostat. Just a shitty OE style hose clamp and a weeping hose on the rear pump fitting. The Bee has never stranded me and I've been driving it personally since 1978.
Nice, mine stranded the wife one time on the way to hospital; she forgot to hit the switch for the electric fuel pump. In my defense, I told her more than once!

Auto Transport Service
Back