• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

Wiped the front, of course that the plate covers anyhow, with gun oil and the back I've been working at with some naptha and a brass brush to try and clean the gas staining off. Getting there, but should be working on other stuff.. LOL Got a nice rear view mirror from Jeff too....
moparpartsforrefurb 025.JPG
moparpartsforrefurb 007.JPG

Wiped the front, of course that the plate covers anyhow, with gun oil and the back I've been working at with some naptha and a brass brush to try and clean the gas staining off. Getting there, but should be working on other stuff.. LOL Got a nice rear view mirror from Jeff too....
View attachment 943750 View attachment 943751
Is that a Fisher Price digital camera?

As noted elsewhere I've been searching for the cause of a hot right hub assembly (150F vs 90F on the left). Three times I've put it on the hoist hot and the wheel spins as free as a bird with zero drag noted from brake shoes. Driving it yesterday I found panic stops would brake absolutely straight, yet putt'n around the town the right front would grab and pull the wheel. Tore into her again today, with some good suggestions to re-grease all the shoe contact points and @mobileparts had pointed out yesterday in a picture that I put up that I had the wrong springs across my manual adjuster star wheel. I knew that, as it was what I had in a hardware kit and I didn't want to use my old OE's on assembly at the time. Well it looks like that cockeyed spring may have been tipping the shoe as the wheel cylinder pushed it out, as there is a galling mark in one spot on the inner side of the shoe surface. Why you never throw anything out! Into the box of removed brake shoes and hardware. Cleaned everything up, lubed, reinstalled all the shoe hardware using the correct OE bottom spring, reinstalled the drum (cleaned, as were the shoe surfaces) and retorqued the bearings (all clean and free) to 90in-lb and backed off a notch on the retainer. Test drive tomorrow about 20 miles each way to go fix #3 childs pool.

bee200milebrakereinstall 013.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 011.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 012.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 015.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 021.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 022.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 023.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 026.JPG
bee200milebrakereinstall 032.JPG

So Wayne the bottom picture of the shoe set up is the correct spring? Just curious. Have that set up out on a shelf in the shop. To lazy to take down for a look. Even worst, having to put it back up! lol

View attachment 943750 View attachment 943751
Pretty trick pocket knife/open end wrench ya got there. :)

Nothing changed today, other than brakes stop straight. Right side still running warmer than the left. Car is pulling right on the highway, so alignment is out as well, so maybe it's tire scrub heating things up. That'll have to wait 'till the C19 **** is over, as not taking her to a garage.

Nothing changed today, other than brakes stop straight. Right side still running warmer than the left. Car is pulling right on the highway, so alignment is out as well, so maybe it's tire scrub heating things up. That'll have to wait 'till the C19 **** is over, as not taking her to a garage.
Thought you said "way back when" that it was all done? (never happen!)

Describe "done" Jeff ! :poke:

Wife, using our dearly departed Daughter's camera, sure gets the colour better than my tired old shop camera..
beeonhoist.JPG
beeonhoistbird.JPG
beeonhoistwayne.JPG
beeonrunwaydriverside.JPG
beeonrunwaypassside.JPG

Thanks to @john hoover I now have a really nice OE mirror to swap for the OE on my car. John even shipped it to me with zero payment, telling me to examine it and pay if I was happy with it! I had made mine look good from 5 feet, but it is lightly pitted and was missed when everything else was sent out for rechrome. Now to find the ambition to pull the door apart..
beerestoration2019-2020finecleanup 011.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back