• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Hemi Roadrunner worth?

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me info on this car wanting to know what it's worth. Couldn't find a car similar to it so I figured I would ask you guys.

Factory hemi
Original 4 speed and dana 60 track pack
Inner fender tag
Post car
Solid frame rails and floor
Bucket seats
Black interior
Air grabber hood
Manual steering
Manual brakes
Originally F8 green
No motor but still has original trans and dana
76362.jpeg
76364.jpeg
76368.jpeg
76386.jpeg

No motor reduces the value of course....but if it is a J code it does have value overall...

If restored 100% correct it would easily cost around 100k not including the purchase price or the motor.....Saving some money if able to do the work helps but based on the ones that are restored for sale with matching drive train, one would be in the red......

Based on the condition, no motor and who knows what other parts are missing. I would not pay more than 15-20k but I am sure they want a lot more than that....it just depends on how bad he wants one(if going in the red is not an issue)

Its a 69 hemi bird which is not as rare as the other hemi models and the sales prices today reflect that....Good luck trying to find a date coded block as well.......

No motor reduces the value of course....but if it is a J code it does have value overall...

If restored 100% correct it would easily cost around 100k not including the purchase price or the motor.....Saving some money if able to do the work helps but based on the ones that are restored for sale with matching drive train, one would be in the red......

Based on the condition, no motor and who knows what other parts are missing. I would not pay more than 15-20k but I am sure they want a lot more than that....it just depends on how bad he wants one(if going in the red is not an issue)

Its a 69 hemi bird which is not as rare as the other hemi models and the sales prices today reflect that....Good luck trying to find a date coded block as well.......

I forgot to mention he does have a date coded short block but of course he wants extra $$$ for that.

That does help....just depends on whether the seller is a dreamer or more in tune with reality....

Personally, all hemi cars should be restored...mainly due to rarity. But the line gets drawn when the seller thinks the car as is is worth 50k......

Has the seller given an idea on price?

Check the Mecum auctions,there is one coming up for sale from a private collection in Kissimmee in January, according to specs on this car it pretty well matches your n it state that only 234 hemi 4 speds were produced, it's your call

Check the Mecum auctions,there is one coming up for sale from a private collection in Kissimmee in January, according to specs on this car it pretty well matches your n it state that only 234 hemi 4 speds were produced, it's your call
Apples to orange's comparison.....that blue bird is heavily documented and completely matching numbers along with a high score at Carlisle. I have seen that car in person when it was at Carlisle.

Not having the original motor will change the price easily by 30-50k, 4spd or not....

I realize it's apples n
Apples to orange's comparison.....that blue bird is heavily documented and completely matching numbers along with a high score at Carlisle. I have seen that car in person when it was at Carlisle.

Not having the original motor will change the price easily by 30-50k, 4spd or not....
I realize the apple n oranges quote but it mite give him a idea what he should pay for it as a comparison to one well documented n all original I'm with your idea on pricing n even than 15/20 is tops

This collection is at no reserve it should give him a idea what the local public is willing to spend n what it is worth in the real world.

I realize it's apples n

I realize the apple n oranges quote but it mite give him a idea what he should pay for it as a comparison to one well documented n all original I'm with your idea on pricing n even than 15/20 is tops
You dont have to wait for an auction because as I stated earlier there are some on the market. Like this one...
http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active/1969 Plymouth Road Runner/135540

This car has been there for over two years........better color combo than the f8 green......
Rk has a few others and they too have been there forever.....priced too high, period

Does correct mean date code,or # matching now I've seen 3 of the 234 produced lol

I disagree with using the auction houses for a comparison. In many cases the cars are perfect with in-depth documentation being bought by people considering the car an investment during times of low interest rates on savings & 401k's. These are not what I would consider " the local public ". These are purely "investors " speculating on the market. And MOPARNATION74 is correct by recognizing some of these cars being for sale for several years. This car will never be restored to the level of the auction Hemi's because of the missing engine, etc.
Restored, I would estimate its worth at $75,000- $90,000. MAX. Restoration cost: $100,000.

I know it's not a good comparison,just showing what he's going to spend n maybe what it is worth.ive been to a few Mecum auctions n they have a good range of cars from drivers to show, it's all in how much you want to spend.A lot of there cars go for what people are trying to get buy posting them locally or thru a Internet posting n sometimes a lot less.

People are still restoring, fixing up, sinking money into lowly 383 real RM code Road Runners. It is a hobby. This car will have some return on investment with easier entry price than a full restored car. People are paying 15k for 440 4speed project cars.
I can see someone paying 20k for this car. It's only hard to find part it needs is the hemi engine.

20K for this car in this condition? WOW! If that's the case, mine must be worth a whole lot more than I think.

20K for this car in this condition? WOW! If that's the case, mine must be worth a whole lot more than I think.
This is what nearly everyone with a 318 satellite thinks after watching a Mecum auction on tv.

These people don't know the difference between reality n numbers n letters

This is what nearly everyone with a 318 satellite thinks after watching a Mecum auction on tv.
Yeap...just a bunch of dreamers......based on a total lack of knowledge in the hobby.....

The owner told me he would like to get $30k out of the car. Of course we would all like to get that but I'm just not so sure it will bring that kind of money. I can see it selling for around $25k. It might take a while to find the right buyer but to someone it's probably worth that.

Auto Transport Service
Back