• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner facelift

Awesome job! Did you ever fix that trailer floor?LOL

No. The trailer deck has gotten worse since I brought the car home lol!

I need to blast the trailer frame paint it black and lay some new boards down.

- - - Updated - - -

My rear window trim clips are so ridiculously tight and stiff that I can't get the trim on without damaging something. I'm heading out to the shop to tinker with that this morning.

"I slept in this morning"

slacker........:nono::icon_biggrin:

Howdy guys, it's time to break ground on my 69 roadrunner.

Maybe a little intro first.

I purchased the car late last summer, drove it for a few months and put it away for the winter.

It's a lynch road 383 car with a 4 speed. fresh air hood, power steering, tan interior, exterior originally T7 bronze with white vinyl top.

It was painted white in 76 and at that time it also got some era correct mural and funky panel color paint.

Body hasn't been touched since it got this funky paint job in 76.

101_4214.jpg

When I saw this photo, I had a 37-year flashback. So I dug into my Hot Rod magazine collection and found this issue, see below. Could it be the same car or a copy cat?

Attachments

• RoadRunner.jpg
    RoadRunner.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 434
When I saw this photo, I had a 37-year flashback. So I dug into my Hot Rod magazine collection and found this issue, see below. Could it be the same car or a copy cat?

I just noticed they're different cars. You have a post car and the one featured in Hot Rod isn't.

very similar efforts with the orange panel painting patern on the sides, interesting also that your magazine is dated 1976 and the airbrush work for the crazy paint that was on my car was dated 1976.

Fair to say the car in your magazine may have inspired the orange panels they did on my car in 76, possibly due to that very magazine.

Mine's a hard top though, no post.

very similar efforts with the orange panel painting patern on the sides, interesting also that your magazine is dated 1976 and the airbrush work for the crazy paint that was on my car was dated 1976.

Fair to say the car in your magazine may have inspired the orange panels they did on my car in 76, possibly due to that very magazine.

Mine's a hard top though, no post.

Oops, I made a mistake (note to self, don't post late at night while half awake). You're correct, you have a hard top.

I used to buy Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines at the local grocery store instead of subscribing because I didn't want the mailing label to ruin my magazines. The magazine I posted is the may 76 issue, which I believe at that time came out about a month or so in advance. If you factor in editorial time to put out an issue, perhaps that cover photo was taken in early 1976? And that means the car may have been painted in 75?

I sure wish I could get my fuel gauge working. it's strange, the needle moves with different levels of fuel in the tank but the range of movement is well outside the scale of "E to F", it all happens far below the E mark. If I filled the tank to the top I might get the needle to touch the E. and then it drops from there.

Should I just adjust it since I seem to have a range of movement in the needle that corresponds with the fuel level in the tank?

I sure wish I could get my fuel gauge working. it's strange, the needle moves with different levels of fuel in the tank but the range of movement is well outside the scale of "E to F", it all happens far below the E mark. If I filled the tank to the top I might get the needle to touch the E. and then it drops from there.

Should I just adjust it since I seem to have a range of movement in the needle that corresponds with the fuel level in the tank?

I guess the first thing I would check is the resistance in the sending unit to make sure its correct. From there I'd check the gauge.

Could the float have a small hole in it and be filling up with gas? That would prevent it from rising.

yeah i"ll probably drop the tank and pull the sending unit to see what's going on there.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the seat belts back in the car tonight though. :grin:

Wow! Really turned out awesome! Now I need to find another thread to keep watch on. Is it going to get the hood blackout treatment?

yeah i"ll probably drop the tank and pull the sending unit to see what's going on there.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the seat belts back in the car tonight though. :grin:

Factory sending unit or chinkish?

Auto Transport Service
Back