• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 f440 hp2 information

DeerBobby

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello. I have a F440hp2 with 0A number by the oil pan . I know it’s a lynch road 440.
my question is what B Body could this engine come out of in 1970 ?
440 4 barrel car or 6 pack car ? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thank you for the information.
I wasn’t sure if they made the Gtx in 70 at the lynch Road plant. It didn’t have the intake on it when I got it 10 years ago. It does have the valve relief piston and the 906 heads which are common for 70 hp. .

If you post the full VIN, we can likely narrow it down as to whether it came in a Plymouth (RR or GTX) or Dodge (Super Bee or R/T).

Hey I appreciate it 69coronetrt

Here’s the full ID by the oil pan
0A136475.
Top pad F440hp2 TW 10 7
Also it looks like a upside down A

Any information on the car it came out in would be great know.
Thank you!

Early 69 blocks may have the bodies full Vin on them . Then you could know exactly what it came out of. Later 69, and into 70 of course, all that was put on the block was abbreviated Vin. Unless you can find the car with that last six digits, I don't think you can find out what it came out of, any farther than you already have.

Yeah, that’s what I kinda thought too. It was in a 66 valiant when I bought it about 10 years ago. I thought the guy said it came out of a 70 Roadrunner but I have no proof of it that. I appreciate you checking on it .
Thank you

Hey I appreciate it 69coronetrt

Here’s the full ID by the oil pan
0A136475.
Top pad F440hp2 TW 10 7
Also it looks like a upside down A

Any information on the car it came out in would be great know.
Thank you!
It's out of a Super Bee or Coronet R/T

136499 is a Super Bee SPD 929
136475 - Your block. If it's from a Bee, it would be a 6bbl. If it's from an R/T, it could be either a 4 or 6bbl.
136393 is a Coronet R/T SPD 929

Wow, I appreciate the information . I was hoping for the Roadrunner but I can’t complain lol. Is this number of a block fairly rare ? So, it could be the 6 pack block out of a super bee ?
I sure appreciate you taking the time to look all that up.
Thank you

Wow, I appreciate the information . I was hoping for the Roadrunner but I can’t complain lol. Is this number of a block fairly rare ? So, it could be the 6 pack block out of a super bee ?
I sure appreciate you taking the time to look all that up.
Thank you

Glad to help.

It doesn't matter what it came out of. It's the same assembly whether it's in a RR, GTX, SB or R/T. Being from a RR doesn't make it any different.
It could be a 6bbl assembly out of a SB or Coronet R/T. Both are possible.

Is this number of a block fairly rare ?

I don't understand this question.

69Coronet69
Yes that’s true. Now I will try to locate a 70 Roadrunner,Gtx, super bee or a R/T to put this engine.
I sure appreciate it!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back