• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite from Junk to......

Thanks KD not going to do a metallic. Going with VitamineC. Should be an easy color and one I think looks good on the 70 bbody.
Yes, it will.
Stripes too?

Really happy with my metal work. Took quite a bit of it to get this. The end cap gaskets are from Detroit Muscle and they worked our very well.

View attachment 1425871

View attachment 1426517
Your metal work is fantastic. My car didn’t have those gaskets from the factory so I didn’t use them on either of my 70s. I used a bit of seam sealer around them and then putty on the retaining nuts.

Your metal work is fantastic. My car didn’t have those gaskets from the factory so I didn’t use them on either of my 70s. I used a bit of seam sealer around them and then putty on the retaining nuts.
Thanks the work is my therapy in this crazy world lol. I now know I took them off originally as there was the factory body sealer all over those nut (not mine lol). I just seem to recall a thin plastic sheet in between, but that was like 2-3 years ago. The thick abs gaskets make a very visable gap. Esthetically I don’t know how I feel about it. It’s not a big deal but I can always use those as a template and use some 10 mil plastic if I decide not to use them.

Thanks the work is my therapy in this crazy world lol. I now know I took them off originally as there was the factory body sealer all over those nut (not mine lol). I just seem to recall a thin plastic sheet in between, but that was like 2-3 years ago. The thick abs gaskets make a very visable gap. Esthetically I don’t know how I feel about it. It’s not a big deal but I can always use those as a template and use some 10 mil plastic if I decide not to use them.
I agree on the therapy, lol. I’m the third owner of mine and completely disassembled it in 1993 and no sign of them or the plastic. Aesthetically, it’s obviously a personal choice. Functionally, it should be fine either way. I look forward to more updates. Keep on keeping on!

I really tried to think like a Chrysler employee in 1970. I needed to get myself ready for some seam sealing work. This is what was on the minds of us that were here in 1970.
  • The popular band "The Beatles" announces they have disbanded.
  • NASA's Apollo 13 Moon Mission returns to Earth successfully after abandoning its mission to the Moon after experiencing oxygen tank problems and an explosion.
  • The first jumbo-jet, the Boeing 747, makes its debut commercial flight from New York to London.
  • Computer Floppy Disks introduced.
  • Kent State shootings.
Not sure I was sloppy enough as compared to the way it was actually slopped on but with 3 more coats of epoxy primer to go its kinda mute… Also with the new floor pan and all that great welding I just couldn’t do more slopping lol

06C42CEA-80C3-422B-8742-BD5B5C3D428D.jpeg

Well I am searching for this color. I think it’s 999 Orange special order livery. If anyone knows please comment.
1679097729955.png

Just received my AMD back glass! I think it looks great. I don’t have the original since it shattered. What do you guys think? Fitment is great. Curvature?

F67AC6DD-C313-48B3-9032-9416D4771A06.jpeg

48DAFB94-9041-47CA-A83A-D718097EAF94.jpeg

A40D97A1-49B0-40B9-91E0-16BBE6080120.jpeg

DFA8C4A0-BFB1-49A3-BE9A-41504C553E6D.jpeg

00E7DA37-B5D1-4F9E-874B-9F73C5AE2B48.jpeg

My goal has been to surpass the factory standards where I can. In essence, to build the car in a manner where all aspects are done to the best of my ability regardless of who will eventually own it.
This does not work for factories building production line models...the costs would skyrocket!
For a dud in his shop building cars one at a time, it is possible.

Car now is in white primer. The plan is bright orange. Not going with a vinyl top per say. I did so much work and spent a lot of money to replace the roof that I am not willing to cover it up permanently. Sooo my plan is to buy special textured vinyl wrap and use that. Then I can put on and take off at will. Also plan on using vinyl wrap for the stripes as well.
So its time for final blocking then onto seal/paint……..

1CCFA18C-C3EF-4DE7-BE22-27C137D7C945.jpeg

44E46FA0-F4F7-4812-9088-8E48BCC0CF1F.jpeg

DAD2F7DA-674A-4384-9826-A523FE2703B2.jpeg

B0BB393F-D50C-4CC2-9F42-447B2AB4734D.jpeg

05A1D554-DF76-414C-B09F-FA9FF59B26B1.jpeg

9B8C6020-C3BB-4A30-AE16-A103F53C2878.jpeg

That's a fun stage to be at. Getting close. I remember getting mine in primer and blocking the crap out of it. Paint it right around the corner.

The car looks amazing and will be a stunner when finished. Personally I like the vinyl top. I think you should either put a new vinyl top on or leave it off. From a distance the car will look awesome with a wrap, but close up I think it would look fake. These cars aren't driven in the rain and the snow like they once were. Not trying to rain on your parade as the car is fantastic, just offering a suggestion. Keep up the great work.

The car looks amazing and will be a stunner when finished. Personally I like the vinyl top. I think you should either put a new vinyl top on or leave it off. From a distance the car will look awesome with a wrap, but close up I think it would look fake. These cars aren't driven in the rain and the snow like they once were. Not trying to rain on your parade as the car is fantastic, just offering a suggestion. Keep up the great work.
Thanks for taking the time to read through the thread. I hear you on that it’s just a crazy idea. I can always try it if I don’t like it I can put the vinyl on it or leave it off. I just hate covering up all that nice smooth steel and I do like the look of the black vinyl top as well. I gotta find paint next. Not sure what brand I should go with.

If you like the look of a vinyl top, but are afraid of potential rust issues, maybe think about spray-on bed liner. It is textured, so it will look like a vinyl top. Also, get something with a good UV rating. I saw that before and had to look twice to realize there was no seam along the sides.

If you like the look of a vinyl top, but are afraid of potential rust issues, maybe think about spray-on bed liner. It is textured, so it will look like a vinyl top. Also, get something with a good UV rating. I saw that before and had to look twice to realize there was no seam along the sides.
Hey Mike. Not afraid of rust as it will be painted. More like having a diamond ring that you made by hand and then wearing a glove over it that can’t be easily removed. So a bed liner would actually be worse lol…

Looking at Wanda in her bikini uh I mean Chrysler 999 Special Orange

E8472389-CEC8-4F0D-912F-7258F2E9B984.jpeg

Test panel one. 2ft x 2ft over white. Just a quick spray out to look at the color. Wanda “Tangerine Orange” base, 3 coats. This is very close to the Chrysler 999 special order orange.
Covered with some leftover clear, 2 coats I had laying around for a few years lol. A little orange peel, trash and solvent pop. So far I love this color. Will do one more color sample before my final choice. Plan on using SPI clear with it.

98E9A574-E224-4408-A48D-C529B5CF3B15.jpeg

28661C21-DACD-49FA-B779-77E3B7D3DAD3.jpeg

Final choices Left or Right?…..the test panel substrate reacted with the paint but still ok for color comparison. I actually used white board and would have thought it would stand up to the paint.

3B92F558-3D40-4043-89FD-50842DDB608D.jpeg

94EADD64-1B78-4DD1-9543-2C71849ECFAA.jpeg

D05C22CC-9153-4EA9-9D41-5398DF4476F3.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back