• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite from Junk to......

One more vote for orange, it looks great on 70 sat/rr/GTX. In the early 80s as a kid in Phoenix, on my way to/from school I would pass a house with an orange 70 RR in the driveway. Great looking car.
Travis..
Yes thats been where my mind has been at light bright Orange similar to Vitamin C with a white interior black carpet. Kinda like a creamsicle yum.

Today’s progress. Stage one on the doors just about complete. Still wet with epoxy primer.

8ACDBC38-2DDA-4C49-B7AF-A4577C3DFBFC.jpeg

3E8D625F-10BF-46A6-BE8A-32BBA26CABF1.jpeg

6EDD4BD8-5CB6-4627-8943-0A3A0BABEBC3.jpeg

D56C012D-1DAD-4E7E-BE09-444D0742827A.jpeg

084608DF-F6CF-448E-A7DE-13D9D656ACF1.jpeg

Inside trunk lid. The only part that doesn’t need body work lol. That media blast came out fantastic.

CA946178-C40B-42CF-BE5C-AE78BC335205.jpeg

7CB09DD1-C899-477C-8A52-0B2AE46F1FE2.jpeg

Been to cold to apply epoxy primer. Just prepped the top trunk lid as tomorrow’s should hit 65. Inch by inch….
549D363D-F258-472D-B5A2-D9BCF9D4D4E5.jpeg

42ECE7B8-FA1A-49F3-9C03-434647C9C36C.jpeg

Last edited:
Last panel to get to initial epoxy prime! A few dings showed up that will be smoothed out. Next phase is full body second blocking and another epoxy coating and final block out prior to seal and base/clear. Hoping to shoot it before it gets hot here. Will need to move up the pace to make that happen……

D6398CCA-A13D-4544-818C-97AAAE5E1DE1.jpeg

About as much support as I can get…wish he had thumbs…

CAEE3F31-AAAD-418C-9C75-3BA763569D81.jpeg

Hoping to shoot it before it gets hot here. Will need to move up the pace to make that happen……
You have until mid April before the 100 degree days, right?
I've painted here in CA in mid 90s heat. You really need a S-L-O-W reducer to keep the paint from drying immediately.
Everything that I do needs to be block sanded due to the dusty environment so a little dry spray isn't a problem.
I don't recall the color you are using.....
Good luck.

Glad to see you are making such great progress Ron.
Thanks Jim! Just noticed your comment. How are you doing and how is your car coming along?

Thanks Jim! Just noticed your comment. How are you doing and how is your car coming along?
Hey Ron ... Just pulled her from the paint booth last weekend. She's getting a final buff and polish and then my daughter and I will begin putting everything back together again. Maybe done by summer.

Hey Ron ... Just pulled her from the paint booth last weekend. She's getting a final buff and polish and then my daughter and I will begin putting everything back together again. Maybe done by summer.
Wow really great news! Where are your pictures?

Really happy with my metal work. Took quite a bit of it to get this. The end cap gaskets are from Detroit Muscle and they worked our very well.

C8E36570-C3D7-4A97-8A72-BD6649372269.jpeg

4685ED7C-EC95-4FF8-B364-14268846A056.jpeg

Last edited:
Wondering if when I paint if I should disassemble and shoot separate or assembled and over the gasket?

Staging. Found a good solution to an expensive body holder.

E33AD5B8-7AC3-44C2-9E5C-C975C11CF887.jpeg

Wondering if when I paint if I should disassemble and shoot separate or assembled and over the gasket?
Ron, I don’t recall if you’re spraying a metallic but I know that I am not skilled enough to spray a metallic car in pieces and make it look right. The particles lay down differently when you spray a fender or good laying flat.
Non metallic colors seem to turn out fine either together or apart.
For your car, with all this work you’re doing, the extra time to paint it separate will pay off. Color change jobs sometimes result in unpainted areas when the car is painted whole. The forward parts of the door jambs, inside the trunk and the inner wheel wells often get too little coverage.

Ron, I don’t recall if you’re spraying a metallic but I know that I am not skilled enough to spray a metallic car in pieces and make it look right. The particles lay down differently when you spray a fender or good laying flat.
Non metallic colors seem to turn out fine either together or apart.
For your car, with all this work you’re doing, the extra time to paint it separate will pay off. Color change jobs sometimes result in unpainted areas when the car is painted whole. The forward parts of the door jambs, inside the trunk and the inner wheel wells often get too little coverage.
Thanks KD not going to do a metallic. Going with VitamineC. Should be an easy color and one I think looks good on the 70 bbody.

Looks like a tack rags nightmare on 4 legs. Shop dogs rule.
Yup it ain’t gonna be perfect but if a “Shop Dog” is anything like an “Ultra Rack” I would need 3 and at $600 each for a single use that ain’t happening…..

Auto Transport Service
Back