• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite from Junk to......

I like the darker orange on the left. It may not be the exact 999 code but I like it.
Good luck.

Slow progress due to other obligations. Imagine that…. Got some factory seam roof gutter sealant in white and laid it in. Hopefully I’ll get no shrinkage.

3E8A8D37-8C01-4589-9973-E33A4733BFC4.jpeg

We all dread the shrinkage, right?

Getting closer. At this stage I am doing some fine tuning on the block sanding work. Temps are starting to rise. I need to pick up the pace……more SPI primer to add.. dwelling some now …

I do love this work……

AF2B4C26-3023-492A-AAE1-CF3C8EAED250.jpeg

So I was able to set aside the time to restart the window of the primer and get to sealing and color base for the doors and trunk lid. Everything looks good except for a few nibs. The makeshift booth has good negative pressure and flows the way I wanted it. The plan is to go to clear tomorrow but I’d like to get rid if the nibs first.

IMG_7493.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7487.jpeg

IMG_7484.jpeg

IMG_7482.jpeg

Last edited:
Welp I got the runs. I mean some parts of the panels have clear coat runs in them. I’m going to try and wet sand them out and see how that goes.

IMG_7503.jpeg

Better runs than dry spray. Put it out out in the sun for 4-5 days to make sure it is fully cured then there is a large thread on the SPI site on getting them out.

Ron, that's a great color! Sucks that you got the runs in the clear. Let it dry fully like Jim said. Use a modified razor blade to scrape them down. As long as the coat is thick shouldn't be any issue.

Ron, that's a great color! Sucks that you got the runs in the clear. Let it dry fully like Jim said. Use a modified razor blade to scrape them down. As long as the coat is thick shouldn't be any issue.
You guys must be better with a razor blade than I am, lol. It would mean an entire repaint if I got a razor blade within five feet of a freshly painted car!

You guys must be better with a razor blade than I am, lol. It would mean an entire repaint if I got a razor blade within five feet of a freshly painted car!
You tape up the ends so only 3/8" are exposed in the middle. Keeps it from digging in or going too deep.

I have a run razor, it's a tool that holds the blade at exactly the right height. Adjustable.
1683473213461.png

I happen to be in the neighborhood so I stoped by and talked to Ron. I think I’ve got him started on a plan runs were a little too dramatic for the razor blade he’s gonna have to block. Needs 600 and work up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the inputs guys and cheers compliments on the color. I really like the choice. It took like 2 years to make the choice lol.
Yup there is plenty of clear lol. I am planning to shoot the rest of the car before I start the wet sanding of the three panels. I am not going to learn anything about painting by doing the sanding now. I don’t want to paint in any hotter weather. I have my 4 year transplant medical reviews and tests all week so I will start the paint Saturday and restart the primer clock then. Hopefully from what I learned I’ll have less runs.

IMG_7520.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back