• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite getting a 6.1 Hemi

Looks good! Making progress is always nice. Do you happen to have some good pictures of the shock tower/torsion bar area with the motor and steering box installed? I plan on doing
a turbo setup in mine and I'm sure custom header are in order, but I'd love to see how much (little) room there is to work with.

No pics of that yet...but it will be going back in next week and I can take a lot of pics for ya. I can tell ya it's tight but not as bad as u would think.

Steering centerlink/pitman arm hits the milodon oil pan when steering is turned to the right. Suggestions? It might be the fast ratio arms I have on there.

I modded the hell out of my arm because of the same problem. I also made my mounts so the engine sits a bunch lower then with TTI's. I took a piece of 1" bar stock and welded it to the bottom of the arm (took like an hour of solid welding to get that even with the old bar) and then recessed the top side to clear. If you used the TTI stuff then it very well might have been the fast ratio arms.

Where is everyone drilling the hole for the harness to run thru the firewall?

Where is everyone drilling the hole for the harness to run thru the firewall?

I have a 2" hole roughly at the junction of the passenger head and intake - on my '66, there was a little factory "bump" there that I cut out with a hole saw. Seems to work well.

It was a lil pain but I drilled right behind the intake. Didn't want to see the harness at all.

Anybody know if I use a in-tank pump from tanksinc with a stock style tank if I have to weld in a recess or is there a way to do it without more cutting and welding to the tank?
Im hoping to not have to spend a fortune on the fuel system.

This is on a 69 so not sure if tank and firewall are the same

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 538
  • 20140716_080854.jpg
    20140716_080854.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 581
Anybody either added a modern fuse block to the old fuse block to power the computer and accessories or just replaced the old block with a modern one?

I rewired my car with a Ron Francis. What are you looking to find out?

Well, my factory fuse box and wiring seems to be in good shape but was thinking I could add a small modern fuse box to run my ECU's, AC, ect.
Basically is it possible to run two fuse boxes?

absolutely. If you run a hotwire harness for example it will need to go straight to the battery but it will have a fuse block with everything you need to run the drivetrain

i stripped all the old wiringing out of mine and replaced it with a painless kit. when you go to hook up the motor harness to the factory, you will have to get a gm ignition switch. hotwire told me you cant use the mopar column. i learned the hard way. i know my 6.1 is all stock but dam this thing rocks. mine is 600lbs lighter than the challenger, you are gonna love it.

- - - Updated - - -

here is my tank for the 70 i got from modern muscle and the wire harness from hotwire. the wire harness is all labled and it was perfect. so easy to wire up.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1388178912709.jpg
    ResizedImage_1388178912709.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 508
  • ResizedImage_1388178645779.jpg
    ResizedImage_1388178645779.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 508
  • ResizedImage_1385499987476.jpg
    ResizedImage_1385499987476.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 509
  • ResizedImage_1385499963644.jpg
    ResizedImage_1385499963644.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 497
That '67 looks amazing!!

for those that is using AC compressor and had to cut the motor mount on the K-frame did u reinforce the mount since some of it was cut off? Looks like it might not be as sturdy with the metal trimmed.

Where should I install a ground strap on the block? I heard it needs one on both driver and passenger side?

You can go off each head to the frame rail and the back of each head to each head also.

I put one on the pass head to the original on the firewall. Thats it.

Auto Transport Service
Back