• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite getting a 6.1 Hemi

Passenger side motor mount bolt won't line up...drivers side is perfect. I've lifted the motor, pushed trying to get the right angle. I can get a screw driver thru it but it's off just enough that the bolt won't go in.
Anyone else have this problem with TTi biscuit style mounts?

Passenger side motor mount bolt won't line up...drivers side is perfect. I've lifted the motor, pushed trying to get the right angle. I can get a screw driver thru it but it's off just enough that the bolt won't go in.
Anyone else have this problem with TTi biscuit style mounts?

dont know if it will work for you but i loosen up the motor mounts just a little and i got the bolt to slide thru. just a suggestion.

Loosen the adapters on the engine just a tad and you should be able to get it in.....if that don't work, put some hair on it, lol!!!

Thanks guys, loosening the adapter bolts worked. Bad news, now my Trans mount isn't lining up to the 727. :(

why don't u use the 5 speed modern computer trany and low gears,, from a truck or car.,, I have a barn find 70 coronet 440 and that is the plan in a year or so,, the old 360 in it now is going.

Loosen the trans mount bolts, the holes are elongated, and the bottom bolts also. This should allow you get the trans lined up with the torsion bar cross member bolt holes and stab in the 4 mounting bolts and then your in business.

It's the Trans mount...not the right one..apparently there is a small difference between a big block 727 and a small block 727...the bolts for the trans mount on the big block 727 is a half inch farther back than the small block.
I wised up and actually measured both transmission mounting points and there is a difference. So, calling mancini in the morning for the right one. Then I'll be all set to get the exhaust and wiring harness done.

- - - Updated - - -

0D9E3462-16BA-4FCF-B4DA-F877113A78F9.jpg
[/URL]

Ok...got a new OEM style fuel tank with internal pump and baffling. Now I need everything else for fuel. What's everyone running from the tank up to the factory connector on the fuel rail? Is there a kit I can buy?

I bought the kit from street an performance it has the fuel regulator with a return line an the adapter for the stock fuel rail. You can go to my project thread an see all the parts I used on my 70 sattelite. My 70 barn find

It seems that every kit I saw added up to a lot more than the sum of its parts? If you're set up with an in tank pump, the popular way to go (and how I went) seems to be the "Corvette filter/regulator" setup at the rear. You'll need:

Filter:
Wix 33737

Fittings:
Russell 644110 - 5/16 quick disconnect to -6AN (return to tank)
Russell 644120 - 3/8 quick disconnect to -6AN (to fuel rail on engine)
Russell 640940 - 3/8 spring lock to -6AN (from pump to filter input)

From there, you'll need your choice of hose/tubing to connect the -6 fittings to the tank in/out, and I flared a steel line with a -6 and used a tube nut and sleeve to get it to the front of the car.

At the front, I did the same again (tube nut, sleeve, flare) to get a -6 connection. I attached a second Russell 640940 to get back to the spring lock fittings. I then chose to use OE style "plastic" (I don't know what type it is) line from the firewall to the rail fitting on the engine, using this stuff:

Connectors:
Dorman 800-086 3/8 quick connect to 3/8 tubing

Tubing:
Dorman 800-072 3/8 fuel tubing.

You do need a bit of heat and a careful hand to get the tubing on the connectors, but it provides a very trim and factory looking install. I bought the special Dorman tool to make the lines (800-301) it it's easy, but it's also 80 bucks you don't need to spend.

I had already run a new steel line to the rear of the car previously, otherwise, I would have run that Dorman tubing all the way to the filter/regulator - it's OE on new cars.

Ok, car is running and moving under it's own power..has a huge exhaust leak at the header and what sounds like a vacuum leak that I can't locate.
I'm running a borguson ps box and a lower pressure pump but the steering is real noisey when turning the wheel. I'm hoping that will subside after it runs a little...I had to keep adding fluid as it was running.
Idle is rough and it's puffing smoke..I was only able to run it a few minutes at a time cuz my fans aren't kicking on.
But, I'm happy its running. ..just needs the bugs worked out.

Congrats on getting the engine running! good luck with troubleshoot the bugs.
Pat

Auto Transport Service
Back