• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 superbird correct rear u-bolt finish.

4406bbl

Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Were thay bare steel or phospate, black oxide. These looked black after evaporust soak, but not sure. I have new ones but they have some type of coating, but want to get this right, and reuse these originals. Thanks.

15952579324602144801035.jpg

I think you are right, new on left, coating came off in lacquar thinner, and are 3/8" to long, originals on right after polishing with 180 on a da with a locked chuck.

1595259584631314590236.jpg

I got my Bird from the original owner. There was no sign of paint or coating on those parts. I bead blasted, cleared and put back on. The clear made the metal a little darker as in more original without a shine.

Thanks, had to polish the minor pits out of them, will dull them up and coat with rpm. Everything under this car was cheap black spray painted, so just wanted to be sure. Since you have a superbird was the front sway bar bare or black painted?

Thanks, had to polish the minor pits out of them, will dull them up and coat with rpm. Everything under this car was cheap black spray painted, so just wanted to be sure. Since you have a superbird was the front sway bar bare or black painted?
Black

We covered that sway bar yesterday! LOL

U bolts, like most hardware, came in in bulk went on as received to put the rear axle/spring assembly together for quick install on the line. All I did for mine, on the Bee, was coat them in RPM.

Ya I just thought it would be good to ask him since I see zero signs of black paint, not one spec.

Here is a pic of an actual nos u-bolt, problem is I only have 2. Going to work on the original 4 to darken them.

1595344026161648143131.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back