• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Axle Vent Tube Bolt

pdiz

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Does this 8 3/4 (742 housing) rear axle vent bolt need anything, or is it just one piece? I guess what I'm asking is, is it supposed to have a top cap on it, or a lock washer below it, etc., or can I just clean it up (aka sandblast it with walnut shells, black oxide it, etc.), throw the brake tee block on it, and call it good?

Pictures of the ones they offer seem to have something on top to cover the vent hole maybe? Hard to tell...

bolt.jpg

dadsbee, You are awesome! Yeah, it was hard to tell because a used one I saw on ebay had a star washer, but the new ones don't seem to offer it, so didn't know if it was correct. When I got my '70 Bee, no brake lines or anything, so your pictures definitely help with everything else. Just tells me that vent bolt hole sat open, so I'm guessing I'll be taking it all apart and cleaning it up and putting in new stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back