• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Superbird This Can't Be Real

Just Sent Seller my OFFER for SUPERBIRD !!!!

I JUST SENT SELLER THIS EMAIL..BUY IT NOW FOR $12,500 ON A $100,000 CAR....CAN I SEND YOU A NIGERIAN CHECK FROM THE ROYAL FAMILY FOR $20,000 BUY THE CAR AND YOU SEND CAR AND CASH DIFFERENCE BACK TO ME AFTER YOU PAY SHIPPER??:icon_fU:

WITH IN THE LAST HOUR IT IS 2:30 AM NOW ...THAT SCAM ARTIST RELISTED THE $12,500 RESERVE SUPERBIRD ..WTF IS UP WITH EBAY.????RICK :icon_fU: EBAY

C'mon. It IS a used car, with 3600 miles already on it. How can it be worth any more than that?

I went back and forth for a month with one scammer- "second chance offer" on a 64 426 Polara that got bid up to 20K. My bid was $6500. I told them I would be there in 2 hours with cash to see the car, and they hem-hawed about being disabled and "can't see the car from the road", etc, and kept telling me just to paypal them and they would have it shipped (for "free", which was "saving me" $250). It was actually quite amusing to see what excuse they would come up with next. I even told them they could save their $250, and they sid that kind of money wasn't worth their trouble to simply meet me where the car was! I didn't tip my whole had all at once, and they didn't know unti lthe last email that I lived literally 2 hours drive from the city the had used in the listing.

These scam artists tried to get my brother when he sold his 85 mustang race car on eBay they sent him a check for 25 k for the car that was sold for 18 k and a car carrier showed up the next day he said no way not till check clears it never did

oh well there goes my excuse to go to west Palm for a weekend :jerk:

boy I must be getting old when I need to make excuses to get away LOL

timing is everything with a certified check. fedex the check, have the carrier show up within hours, cancel the check when the car (and title) is on the road. simple.

i dont buy anything(over $100) through ebay and such,unless i can be there in person with cash to get it.stops most scams.sad how bad our world has gotten.

I JUST SENT SELLER THIS EMAIL..BUY IT NOW FOR $12,500 ON A $100,000 CAR....CAN I SEND YOU A NIGERIAN CHECK FROM THE ROYAL FAMILY FOR $20,000 BUY THE CAR AND YOU SEND CAR AND CASH DIFFERENCE BACK TO ME AFTER YOU PAY SHIPPER??:icon_fU:

You have your work cut out for you-the champ is still this guy-

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Hilarious!

Craigsllist is the worse for scammers. I had four different emails with the same story when I listed my 1971 Demon 340 on it.

what ever happened to the 70 SB that was on ebay that was in a building fire and part of the building collapsed on it:eusa_think:

I used to get emails about them being away for the Military and wanting buy the car for a dad, son or whatever and would pay. They would put the money for the shipper in the total. I told them no to pay the shipper themself.

I got tired of all the emails and I said give me 20K and send the shipper I get email saying I have 20K in paypal I go and look nothing in paypal. Now the guy emails me and says I'm stealing from him and I'm like how about I ride to NY where your IP address is coming from and let this guy from VA show you how we really do steal the money from you. I then said in my next email back to him never mind my debt collectors are on their way to you and where they will be shipping you is up to them.

I never got another email from the guy....I kind of miss him.

x2

I got the 'I am on a ship in the middle of the ocean and I want to buy this car. Just give me your paypal account and I will have my courier pick the car up.' I am quessing that they do send you money and have someone pick up the car, but then refute the charges with paypal for a refund. If someone does not list a phone number so that I can talk to them it most likely is a scam.

I got the 'I am on a ship in the middle of the ocean and I want to buy this car. Just give me your paypal account and I will have my courier pick the car up.' I am quessing that they do send you money and have someone pick up the car, but then refute the charges with paypal for a refund. If someone does not list a phone number so that I can talk to them it most likely is a scam.

What they do is make up a fake paypal looking email and send it to you so it look as if the cash is there and then they threaten you as well if you dont ship or call the number to pay the shipping chargers.

Paypal has an email if you report them they keep track of it not that it does much good.

I thought you were buying that R/T at Goads?

I thought you were buying that R/T at Goads?

I want that one but he is at 8K and Im a little short of it. I really want it but right now its not in my budget range. I think I'm $2800 from it. He said he would work with me in making payments but being disabled its hard to do something like that.

I'm working on selling a few things to see if I get the cash.

I saw the Superbird and was like man I need to find out about that and borrow the money if its real lol.

Goad does have a Coronet I think a 65 for sale that has new pans not sure what else it needs.

I really want the R/T..........:eusa_wall:

It needs a ton of work so be careful. Every body panel has rust thru.

It needs a ton of work so be careful. Every body panel has rust thru.

Yeah I was worried what all it really needs and I wonder what else he has for sale.

A few cars on some sites Im watching and one is on here that I would love to have but needs a big restoration.

Scammers are every where

It took awhile to read it all but, it was worth it..I would love to hear what happened in the end...Back in the Mid 90's when AOL charged by the hour before they had the Deals..Scammers would IM Me every day asking for My pass word saying they where the AOL Police trying to help you from SCAMMERS...I would always reply by saying give me a minute your MOM is under my desk giving me Head ...Most went away but, one Scammer I had send many IM'S telling how BAD I was taking about his Mom that way...The more IM's he sent me the more cruder I got about his Mom.
Rick:grin:

You have your work cut out for you-the champ is still this guy-

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Hilarious!

Auto Transport Service
Back