• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Superbird This Can't Be Real

CoronetRTguy

Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
Okay so I'm trolling ebay like I have been since and before I sold my Vette. I came across this and I'm betting its either a fake car or a scam to get money, but something inside me says its real.

So tell me-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Roadrunner-Superbird-/251111740603?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a776d14bb

I keep looking at it and the bid right now is $6000 and his reserve is $12,500.00.

THIS CAN BE REAL........CAN IT?

might be worth a trip to west palm
must be a clone

Just remember sometimes they are and dreams can come true mine did with my 71 super bee I traded my tripple black 73 se for

0 feedback seller and it shows a non-standard VIN.

Hmmmmm....

...whch comes back as a 2009 F250.

Click on the "vehicle report tab".

I filed a report on it being a scam and being bogus

Is there any way I seeing who is biding on it? I like to know if they are real or fake as well.

I saw it and then saw reserve and it me want to bid and email for more pics but I haven't yet.

Anyone email the guy and see if more pics of the car?

Oh there is also a 71 Road Runner on there that is not shown but a 71 Sat is and it comes with a car to make it into the 71 RR.

You can smell these scams a mile away. This resembles the Craigslist scams where the scammer will list a $15,000 car for $4901 and give only a gmail or hotmail address and no phone number.

Did you notice that "Since Ebays contact option does not work you should contact me at my email
address "[email protected]"

The very least that will happen is that they will have your email address and whatever information they can glean from the contact. If nothing else they will sell your email address.

Good job - con artist listing removed

That Superbird has been removed by EBAY..Before Ebay blocked the other bidders ID's from every ones view I would get email from sellers offering me High Priced Baseball & Hockey cards that I collect for half price of a typical listing...They were always over Seas :argue:.. They would use Ad's lifted off other Ebay real sellers that I had viewed the Months before.
Rick

I filed a report on it being a scam and being bogus

You can smell these scams a mile away. This resembles the Craigslist scams where the scammer will list a $15,000 car for $4901 and give only a gmail or hotmail address and no phone number.

Did you notice that "Since Ebays contact option does not work you should contact me at my email
address "[email protected]"

The very least that will happen is that they will have your email address and whatever information they can glean from the contact. If nothing else they will sell your email address.

Yeah its best to emaill them from an email you don't use as a main one or set up a new one and go from there.

THE CAR IS BACK UP FOR SALE NOW WITH A BUY IT NOW PRICE OF 12,500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Roadrunner-Superbird-/150860594731?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item231ffdfe2b

$12,500 reserve superbird relisted again !!!!

WITH IN THE LAST HOUR IT IS 2:30 AM NOW ...THAT SCAM ARTIST RELISTED THE $12,500 RESERVE SUPERBIRD ..WTF IS UP WITH EBAY.????RICK :icon_fU: EBAY

No its over 70 k now I called in to eBay and reported it as fraud

Auto Transport Service
Back