• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Plymouth Satellite Tesla Swap

Fabricating some mounts.

IMG_20200221_104542.jpg IMG_20200221_105130.jpg IMG_20200221_105140.jpg IMG_20200221_105721.jpg IMG_20200221_110930.jpg IMG_20200221_110936.jpg IMG_20200221_112552.jpg IMG_20200221_120335.jpg IMG_20200221_121443.jpg IMG_20200221_171332.jpg

This is such a sweet build. Based on your pictures, it looks like it's not as far off from fitment as you would think. I doubt it's anytime soon but as we grow more towards electric, your car may be used as the template to keep our cars relevant and on the road.

Fantastic project, I cannot say I am EV fan per se but I do understand the torque side having gotten to drive a EV vehicle a few times. I love the fabrication most, very inventive and well executed.

Still no.
No V8 rumbling sound, none of the vibrations, no race gas smells in the exhaust....This car sounds like a fast golf cart in Plymouth clothes.
The appeal of these cars to me and I suspect many others is not just the styling. Take away the powertrain and you take away the soul.

This is such a sweet build. Based on your pictures, it looks like it's not as far off from fitment as you would think. I doubt it's anytime soon but as we grow more towards electric, your car may be used as the template to keep our cars relevant and on the road.
This IS the way of the future and I know a lot of people on here won't like it, (me included). When the norm is electric powered cars and the price of gas is cost prohibitive because nobody needs it any more, then we will see more and more of these types of builds. I am looking forward to seeing this car on the road. You are doing great work here.

Definitely one of the reasons that helped me go this route. Can't give up driving my Mopars.

Keep up the good work !

Thanks Gary!

Fantastic project, I cannot say I am EV fan per se but I do understand the torque side having gotten to drive a EV vehicle a few times. I love the fabrication most, very inventive and well executed.

I appreciate the kind words, the torque is what got me.

Still no.
No V8 rumbling sound, none of the vibrations, no race gas smells in the exhaust....This car sounds like a fast golf cart in Plymouth clothes.
The appeal of these cars to me and I suspect many others is not just the styling. Take away the powertrain and you take away the soul.

I hear you bud...I'll keep burning Ethanol in my 340 Turbo Dart because I love all the same things, it is not just one way or the other. No one build can please every person, not the point of the build. BTW, this was a non running stock 318 with 1.5 inch exhaust...Not quite as much soul as you might be thinking. I guarantee it will be louder with way more soul than when I got it ;).

This IS the way of the future and I know a lot of people on here won't like it, (me included). When the norm is electric powered cars and the price of gas is cost prohibitive because nobody needs it any more, then we will see more and more of these types of builds. I am looking forward to seeing this car on the road. You are doing great work here.

Thanks, I struggled with going Electric for a long time. It came down to keeping up with the future and needing a challenge.

A little progress update...Here are some photos and a video of the suspension build.

Had to build a Pushrod suspension because there was no room under the car. Also got the headlights mounted, trying to decide if I want body color bumpers, and got the Gerst K-members and 14 inch wilwoods mounted. Electric Power rack coming soon...

IMG_20200326_152727.jpg IMG_20200326_153055.jpg IMG_20200328_181940.jpg IMG_20200328_202608.jpg IMG_20200401_201722.jpg IMG_20200403_141735.jpg IMG_20200403_180056.jpg IMG_20200405_104522.jpg

I wish I had the ability to fabricate. This is a bad *** project- soooo cool. I hope it continues to go well

Assuming this car had good traction what kinda 1/8 & 1/4 time do your calculations give you???
Glad it's notta nudder 5.7 hemi swap:blah::blah::blah::drama:

Trying to think who (company) you can hook up with to bring this to SEMA. This is going to be more awesome when done than it already is!

Like many of us, I am a fan of a big, bruising, powerful V8 engine vibrating under the hood.

But this is something completely different (queue that Monty Python clip!). This build is extremely creative and very cool for that reason alone. I guarantee you this car will have people crawling all around it at a car show.

Diversity make car shows and the hobby cool. I am a fan of this build and hope you keep posting updates! Nice work!

Last edited:
My heap shows I like to stand out in a crowd. I dig this build for being diffferent and I'm glad it's a MOPAR!:lowdown::lowdown::popcorn2::usflag:

Last edited:
I wish I had the ability to fabricate. This is a bad *** project- soooo cool. I hope it continues to go well

Thanks, I hope so too!

Assuming this car had good traction what kinda 1/8 & 1/4 time do your calculations give you???
Glad it's notta nudder 5.7 hemi swap:blah::blah::blah::drama:

Ha, it almost was a 5.7, I have the engine for it. Times are always hard to say, but Low 7's and low 11's are possible. Gonna be a fun street fighter with tons of torque that comes on immediately.

Trying to think who (company) you can hook up with to bring this to SEMA. This is going to be more awesome when done than it already is!

I do have my sights on SEMA. Assuming we don't get corona cancelled, I have a couple companies I can join, or maybe just enter on my own for the show or build off.

Like many of us, I am a fan of a big, bruising, powerful V8 engine vibrating under the hood.

But this is something completely different (queue that Monty Python clip!). This build is extremely creative and very cool for that reason alone. I guarantee you this car will have people crawling all around it at a car show.

Diversity make car shows and the hobby cool. I am a fan of this build and hope you keep posting updates! Nice work!

Thanks man, it will be strange without all the noise and vibration. If it can't be "Fast and Loud", I guess I'll go for "Silent but Deadly".

My heap shows I like to stand out in a crowd. I dig this build for being diffferent and I'm glad it's a MOPAR!:lowdown::lowdown::popcorn2::usflag:

I appreciate the support, for me it definitely had to be a Mopar.

Last edited:
I had a friendly request for an update and realized it has been awhile.
Electric Rack and pinion is mounted, suspension is done, and the car is a roller. Battery boxes are well under way, and the low voltage wiring is about 90% done. Next will be final assembly of the battery modules, installing the interior, windows, trim etc. Hopefully I can power it up in a couple months.
Latest playlist:

GfXs_2rYJeW-ws5khATLvXn861ZOtpd0TX-WPZjfiChAL4G4fgwlUcBNLTTQNY-5DfTG9A=w2469-h1851-no?authuser=0.jpg

U_SJTD9wNdL5QzK_RZsD_FDgkKi7JIeJ--F_ikbB_xOUMUJiR0o6jFVZp_RQ0aWwtqlxeA=w2469-h1851-no?authuser=0.jpg

Yd42LTP_6IR5Q3n_bFTdv5yEK-C_KqNTwfVLcJTMfGQuV18oKIb8RQ8vI9OlVsLsUNV6mQ=w1344-h1008-no?authuser=0.png

yBpKOMBArPCP_bisJ_vNS9SZf05gDxSbxbKG0vvpuJ7iVahZ_WqKbq3pxZE=w2469-h1851-no?authuser=0&authuser=0.jpg

NrqDnLPyvyty4-7zcK3yIuJyUWR6ZUCWRtq5u0U6uGBkgx0dHdWhWVzYtZ8zZilK1XuUELJ8fnNQ=s1440-no?authuser=0.jpg

ypHNOOhaJCoza4oCWNiazO8Il0lU1kuJxsCK-nJbcv0VKHb9pn6tSoU_pu-nOcoxrsxLuw=w2469-h1851-no?authuser=0.jpg

FbSjb5dR--8rbS72Nx2_d--L4ZXFXkfDpCxn1PZT6cOtehze-m6ZRXG3Mj7ObMyr950pLQ=w2469-h1851-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back