• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1974 Roadrunner & GTX and Satellite Pic Thread

LEDs?

How did you do that? Where can i get lights and in how many colors?? Id love to put green ones in mine. That looks awsome!
Originally Posted by CoronetRTguy View Post:
."Well back on subject post up those cars! If you posted and have more picks please shaire I'm falliing in love with the 73-74 cars. I also would like to have a 1973 model since I was born in 73!"

CoronetRT Here is two more that might help with you wanting dash pictures, The third one is the closest to what you really can see with instrument panel, To actually sit in the car and see them they are bright and everything nice and clear, I don't know why they show up the way they do in the pictures except a cheap camera i use, The fender turn signals are red to... I came across these looking for something else so i hope it helps what ever you might have planned...

View attachment 93915View attachment 93916View attachment 93917

Thanks! The site isnt telling me how many or what kind i need? Would you happen to know that??

The quickest and easiest way is call and speak to the lady (what i did) and she will point you to exactly what and how many you need, IF you are planning on using LED for tail lights and brake lights you will need to replace both TS and 4-way flashers, just the dash its unplug old and plug in new... I think i bought 7 bulbs for my 73, and they were 5 dollars each.

Here is another link Propwash gave me, I didn't use them after i found out the site you already have sold the white over lays for the gauges and LED so i bought all there.. He had good luck with this site though.. One more you can check and compare prices, had it may as well give it to you..

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/

Here's my newly acquired '74 RR, 400 ci. This is my first B body. Cant wait till spring to get her out for a run.

IMG_1268.jpgIMG_1277.jpgIMG_1276.jpgIMG_1273.jpgIMG_1261.jpgIMG_1271.jpgIMG_1263.jpgIMG_1266.jpgIMG_1269.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 681
Nice.

Does that plaid give you a Scottish accent when you drive?

Man I love that car!!!!!!!!! Thats a great color combo and love the seats. Tell us more about the car and congrats on your first B body you picked a great looking car.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice.

Does that plaid give you a Scottish accent when you drive?

HAHA no for the bag pipes!!! Lets hear the engine.

X 2 On one sweet Road Runner, love the white with black stripes and your black vinyl roof, Interior looks great as well... Very nice and you picked a good one for your first B-Body!!

Man I love that car!!!!!!!!! Thats a great color combo and love the seats. Tell us more about the car and congrats on your first B body you picked a great looking car.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA no for the bag pipes!!! Lets hear the engine.

Thanks
The car was completely restored by the previous owner in 2000. The interior was part of the restoration all new seats and headliner all matching the stock colors and patterns. Its got 82ooo original miles , its all numbers matching. Was appraised it 2011 for $17800.00cdn. I think that I would like to change out the wheels for some Torq Thrust wheels, and maybe putting the large Plymouth logo on the rear quarters any thoughts? Also the rear needs to be brought up a bit, any idea whats the best way to go about that? Thanks Gord.

I've seen hundreds of 73/74 road runners over the decades, and yours is the first I've seen with that configuration. The only white one I've seen with that interior had white stripes and no quarter roof.

I've always been a fan of the Superbird PLYMOUTH QP decals, and have had them on most of my cars. With the stripes on the hood, there's just too much empty space on the back of the car and it doesn't look balanced, so the QP decals help to correct that.

All I would add is please, please, get them on straight! Nothing looks worse than when guys put those decals on crooked!!!

With your color combo, id bet the Torq Thrust wheels would look great on it, the large Plymouth decals IMO wouldn't hurt the looks any, Some like them some say its to much with the stripes, I myself like them even though, i don't at this time have them on my Sat. Check out racedodges RR, give you an idea how well they look on white and black..

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...of-hours-and-voila!-a-White-Roadrunner!/page3

Hey man thanks for the pics, thats exactly the look I wanted, perfect. I just ordered a set in black cant wait to put them on nice and straight.

I've seen hundreds of 73/74 road runners over the decades, and yours is the first I've seen with that configuration. The only white one I've seen with that interior had white stripes and no quarter roof.

I've always been a fan of the Superbird PLYMOUTH QP decals, and have had them on most of my cars. With the stripes on the hood, there's just too much empty space on the back of the car and it doesn't look balanced, so the QP decals help to correct that.

All I would add is please, please, get them on straight! Nothing looks worse than when guys put those decals on crooked!!!

Thanks for the advice. Ive got a set on order.

I agree I really like that car I dont think I have seen one with the stripes and half vynal roof in this color combo either. Makes me want a white roadrunner...Ok it makes me want a Roadrunner in each color that you all have posted.

Thanks! The site isnt telling me how many or what kind i need? Would you happen to know that??

I told you 7 bulbs for mine, Your car is a 74 and if im not mistaken you'll need less, the windshield wiper and head light switches i don't think have lights in them, I could have that backwards and someone put the 74 cluster in mine being its not original.. Here is a picture of bulbs in without the wood grain on it...

LED RED (Small).jpg

I told you 7 bulbs for mine, Your car is a 74 and if im not mistaken you'll need less, the windshield wiper and head light switches i don't think have lights in them, I could have that backwards and someone put the 74 cluster in mine being its not original.. Here is a picture of bulbs in without the wood grain on it...

View attachment 97220

Hey Ron I think if I come home with this 73 Roadrunner (after I look at it) I'm going to tell my mom you made me do it? I'm 39 years old and she keeps telling me a car is just a car and I always say "But it's a MOPAR no such thing as just car!"

I keep fighting the urg to call and just buy it. I did find a guy on the forum today that is from my area just right outside the city (5 minutes) who is building a 73 Roadrunner Pro Touring car so I pm him for more info and maybe see about more info on his car and if he knows this one.

I think if I buy the RR I'm going to build the 318 into a stroker motor another member sent me info and it sounds good.

I should start practicing saying "It's Ron's Fault...Ron's fault...Ron's Fault." does it sound convencing lol.

Hey Ron I think if I come home with this 73 Roadrunner (after I look at it) I'm going to tell my mom you made me do it? I'm 39 years old and she keeps telling me a car is just a car and I always say "But it's a MOPAR no such thing as just car!"

I keep fighting the urg to call and just buy it. I did find a guy on the forum today that is from my area just right outside the city (5 minutes) who is building a 73 Roadrunner Pro Touring car so I pm him for more info and maybe see about more info on his car and if he knows this one.

I think if I buy the RR I'm going to build the 318 into a stroker motor another member sent me info and it sounds good.

I should start practicing saying "It's Ron's Fault...Ron's fault...Ron's Fault." does it sound convencing lol.

I don't know, You haven't looked at it yet? Im starting to think you have decided to try a different route lol.. Get this notion its Ron's fault out of your head, All Ron did is show ya what you wanted, like the rest of the ones you will blame IF you get this car! lol, And you will once you start building it depending on the shape of it, first thing that will come to mind is "maybe i should have thought this out more" :) Now im just having some fun hear, a car build is a lot of fun, Go look at it, If this is what you want don't snooze, get it you don't have to start it right away.. but its there when your ready. as far as "just a car" WOW, Is Ringling brothers just another circus? is Micky just a mouse? Your on your own bud lol.. Looking forward to pictures, get going!! ROFL.. If you don't hurry, someone else is going to grab this and you then will be tempted into just a car! eek.gif

Attachments

• rolling.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 530
Auto Transport Service
Back