• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1974 Roadrunner & GTX and Satellite Pic Thread

wow! is that Petty Blue? (if it's not, my apologies, im a 73 GTX noob! lol)

that car has to be a handful...just as it should be!! :toothy6:

love it!
Yes, this is the factory color B3 (Basin Blue,Super Blue or Petty Blue)

It was a nice looking truck and I bet it ran great! Its hard to decide on what to do go with the truck build or buy the 73 Roadrunner...I'm thinking both right now. I got time on the Roadrunner it hasn't sold in a year or over a year so I dont think its going any where.

I think you should go with what car or truck you want. Don't settle for less,my reasoning for this is you will more likely finish what you want. Instead of having a project that never gets done. I have the car I want and my only hold up is a welder to move forward.

3G43Lc3F35Ic5L85Meccocd05d7755542147c.jpg
Now that's an Old Tired Rebel :icon_eyes:

I think you should go with what car or truck you want. Don't settle for less,my reasoning for this is you will more likely finish what you want. Instead of having a project that never gets done. I have the car I want and my only hold up is a welder to move forward.

Thanks and yeah I agree problem is I want them all ahaha. My parents always told me "Cars are like lost puppies to you, you always bring them home" so that is the problem lol.

The Roadrunner is tops on my list to get because I've knowen about it since a teen and try to buy in back then but he wont come down to my price and to make more of an offer I got to wait. When I'm done with school if the car is there I will pick it up.

The truck isnt going any where its mine and its safe.

The guy with the 48 Dodge is interested in doing some trading and he likes the model cars (unbuilt) I have and if I can find a few other things to sweeten the deal it might be in my garage soon.

No matter what one I get I will build it the way I want it and will enjoy it till it falls apart. I just want to have fun and the hot rodding side of me is taking over.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 94480
Now that's an Old Tired Rebel :icon_eyes:

HAHA I like that car.

That would make a great car to turn into a sleeper car.

How is the 73-74 Roadrunners in your area? I have seen a couple popping up on craigslist in VA but man for a few of them that are major projects they are asking 2500-3500 they will be sitting for a while.

Still trying to get funds together to get this 73 and still look at my truck idea. I would like to do them both. I did run into the guy yesterday who bought my 70 Coronet R/T and he said it wont be long until he gets to that and told me to give him a call and come up to his place for a weekend.

I asked what he has for sale right now, he just sold the 68 Coronet R/T but has a nice 65 Coronet 440 with one rust spot on it but its 8K and out of my range. He has no 73-74 Roadrunners.

I keep watching youtube videos looking out over the hood and it has to be one of the best looking hoods outside and looking from inside out its just awesome.

Aw hell I paid 4 for this and that was before I started the restoration
Mopar 018.jpg

View attachment 95700

Thats a beauty man!! Id love one of these with a vinyl roof, I know some don't like them because of rust issues but i think if the body is prepped correctly there wouldn't be a problem.. Mopar skimped on the extra precautions ive read, we restoring them can make a good effort to prevent this with all the new stuff available. Im glad you posted this, i was thinking this was over, no more Mopar 73-74 fix at night lol.

View attachment 95700

Thats a great looking ride! Please tell us more and post more pics!

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a beauty man!! Id love one of these with a vinyl roof, I know some don't like them because of rust issues but i think if the body is prepped correctly there wouldn't be a problem.. Mopar skimped on the extra precautions ive read, we restoring them can make a good effort to prevent this with all the new stuff available. Im glad you posted this, i was thinking this was over, no more Mopar 73-74 fix at night lol.

Ron its getting harder and harder to get some post in here of 73-74 cars I hope we can get a few more members posting pics, it doesnt even have to be their car and videos are welcomed.

I like the vynal roof cars as well it sets the paint off.

If you want a halo roof I have the number of a company who makes them and it's less than a c-note.
None of the big companies offer them and if you notice the seems they are on approx 37in center not the approx 41in center that Legendary offers on the full roof. Of coursr you will have to get your own trim and clips but that crap is all over ebay.
Now she has the hood only stripes. I know y'all will kill me for sayin this but I dont care for the over the roof stripe. Just too starsky and hutch lookin for my taste. And with the side mouldings would not go any how. If I were to do a side stripe it would be like on a 70 cuda, no strobe and match the style on the hood. She also has Cragar s/s 15s with BFG T/A 245 up front and 275 rear std 4.25 back space, a touch of fender roll. If I went to 5.25/5.50 BS I could have got the 295s on there. I have been a solid year on the interior. Carolina dash, Mr G rechromed dash bezel. Legendary headliner & 72 seat covers, I heard bad things about 73/4 seat buttons comming off. 1 layer eastwood thermocool in roof, package tray and on trunk divider board 2 layers in complete floorpan only where not visable. I want it to work but not be able to be seen. Now I need to find a machineist and a waterjet sutter to make a few 1 off parts.
Machinest needs to mahe or recut the Cragar center caps and do a pentastar logo. Water jet needs to make the plymouth logo say 1 in tall X6-8in long in the same font as used on the S-bird rear fender logo.
Any Takers?

If you want a halo roof I have the number of a company who makes them and it's less than a c-note.
None of the big companies offer them and if you notice the seems they are on approx 37in center not the approx 41in center that Legendary offers on the full roof. Of coursr you will have to get your own trim and clips but that crap is all over ebay.
Now she has the hood only stripes. I know y'all will kill me for sayin this but I dont care for the over the roof stripe. Just too starsky and hutch lookin for my taste. And with the side mouldings would not go any how. If I were to do a side stripe it would be like on a 70 cuda, no strobe and match the style on the hood. She also has Cragar s/s 15s with BFG T/A 245 up front and 275 rear std 4.25 back space, a touch of fender roll. If I went to 5.25/5.50 BS I could have got the 295s on there. I have been a solid year on the interior. Carolina dash, Mr G rechromed dash bezel. Legendary headliner & 72 seat covers, I heard bad things about 73/4 seat buttons comming off. 1 layer eastwood thermocool in roof, package tray and on trunk divider board 2 layers in complete floorpan only where not visable. I want it to work but not be able to be seen. Now I need to find a machineist and a waterjet sutter to make a few 1 off parts.
Machinest needs to mahe or recut the Cragar center caps and do a pentastar logo. Water jet needs to make the plymouth logo say 1 in tall X6-8in long in the same font as used on the S-bird rear fender logo.
Any Takers?

Any new pictures to post up?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my 73 Charger 340 rallye edition. Gotta sell her if anyone is interested.View attachment 95732View attachment 95733

You did a beautiful Job with your Charger.

Thats a great looking ride! Please tell us more and post more pics!

- - - Updated - - -

Ron its getting harder and harder to get some post in here of 73-74 cars I hope we can get a few more members posting pics, it doesnt even have to be their car and videos are welcomed.

I like the vynal roof cars as well it sets the paint off.

If you go thru the thread that has all the 71-74 you'll see there's a lot of them, I know you would like them posted but, You can find a lot going thru that one, great thread!! I love to go thru them once in awhile, lots of great looking rides...

If you go thru the thread that has all the 71-74 you'll see there's a lot of them, I know you would like them posted but, You can find a lot going thru that one, great thread!! I love to go thru them once in awhile, lots of great looking rides...

Hey Ron, I do go over and look through that thread and you're right a lot of great cars. I love all of them lol and makes me want to buy them all.

When snow and ice melts goiong to look at the 73 here and see if its what I want or not.

Well i wish you good luck, But i would at least check it out if your interested in it at all, Ive lost cars by waiting and feeling safe because it set there so long.. Only a suggestion because it sounds like you do want this, Id hate to see you loose it!

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't hurt to just go and check it over if your able!

- - - Updated - - -

and take pictures!!!! Lol...

- - - Updated - - -

NOT mine, but enjoy...

[video=youtube;yOIGPYBL0Ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOIGPYBL0Ig[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Again, not mine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JdwTBno1M

Last edited:
Well i wish you good luck, But i would at least check it out if your interested in it at all, Ive lost cars by waiting and feeling safe because it set there so long.. Only a suggestion because it sounds like you do want this, Id hate to see you loose it!

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't hurt to just go and check it over if your able!

- - - Updated - - -

and take pictures!!!! Lol...

- - - Updated - - -

NOT mine, but enjoy...

[video=youtube;yOIGPYBL0Ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOIGPYBL0Ig[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Again, not mine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JdwTBno1M

Thanks for posting those videos! I really like that the guy drives that Roadrunner! I have seen it on youtube in a few other videos and he doesnt baby it at all. It looks healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what the paint cost on that car? I bet it cost more then the motor lol but it is awesome paintjob and a great looking street machine.

Thanks Ron, Keep posting man if you see them and when I get to see that 73 Roadrunner I will take lost of pics and post them. Yeah I know what you mean on the one that got away. I do want the car but I got to look at it and I need to do it soon lol.

That sure is a beautiful Road Runner! What color is that called if i could ask? and thanks...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for posting those videos! I really like that the guy drives that Roadrunner! I have seen it on youtube in a few other videos and he doesnt baby it at all. It looks healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what the paint cost on that car? I bet it cost more then the motor lol but it is awesome paintjob and a great looking street machine.

Thanks Ron, Keep posting man if you see them and when I get to see that 73 Roadrunner I will take lost of pics and post them. Yeah I know what you mean on the one that got away. I do want the car but I got to look at it and I need to do it soon lol.

I would hate to ask how much for the paint on it, and doing it! on the other hand id love to have it! the money lol..

She's someplace in Indiana now.

View attachment 96293

That is a beautiful car and love the color. I have seen only one in this color in person and its a stunning color. Post up some pics if you got them.

- - - Updated - - -

That sure is a beautiful Road Runner! What color is that called if i could ask? and thanks...

- - - Updated - - -

I would hate to ask how much for the paint on it, and doing it! on the other hand id love to have it! the money lol..

You and me both I bet its a 10K or more just in the paint. I do like it and it is one Roadrunner that wont get lost in the parking lot thats for sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back