• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 400 2 barrel engine with two different head castings ? one 902 and one 213

fanucme

Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
I pulled apart an engine from a 73 Charger and found two different head castings on the same engine, the engine had the steel shim gaskets on both sides and appear original with the pentstar markings. Not that It's a big deal for this smogger engine , This is going to be going into my Charger to hopefully make it a lot driver. Has anyone ever seen this before ?

Nope....but a buddy cracked a 906 head and installed a 452 on the other side because that's what he had laying around. Ran the same numbers at the track lol

Yes, pulled heads off a 400 in truck in a junkyard with those very same casting numbers. Had them rebuilt & have used them on my 383 RR for at least 15 years. I have no plans to take them off.

I have seen similar stuff with Fords. I'm not surprised because at the end of the day it's about keeping things moving down the line. Back in the 80's I did see a 66 383 with 915 heads!

Auto Transport Service
Back