• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger restoration

very nice , wish my project had your body , we are getting ready to pull the glass , you said windshield did not come out easy , I have no interest in saving the glass as we are going to replace front and back , what methods did you use ?

I am posted up with my project in this forum also

They make a long knife for cutting the butyl, it also helps if the glass and butyl are warm.

It's been a few years since I posted!!! The car is still in progress. I just needed to take a break. I'll try to upload pictures sometime soon!!! Body and paint jail. Should be back next summer.

The profile lists July 8th as your last post. Welcome back !

We were getting antsy . Fixing to send a search party out to find you .

Time for an update!!! Awhile back.... like a year and a half ago I stripped down the fenders and gave them to my body guy.

Then loaded up the Charger onto a trailer and sent it, along with a boatload of parts. I also have worked on the doors. This was all over a year ago.

The body/paint is all paid for, and now I am just waiting for the body/paint jail sentence to end.

Now for an update today, I finally got the last pane I need!!! AMD is making hoods now. Excellent quality!!! But the shipper dinged up the corners. Summit took care of me, and gave me a hefty discount because it arrived damaged. But it's fixable, and looks great!!! Will test fitment sometime. If anybody wants measurements, I can provide.

20180310_144254.jpg 20180719_131652.jpg 20180719_142956-1.jpg 20180727_152405.jpg 20180824_153550.jpg 20180907_134347.jpg

Here's the hood. Although it was damaged some in shipping, summit's excellent customer service gave me a pretty hefty cut on the price tag. Shouldn't be too bad to straighten out!

20191011_194113.jpg 20191011_194125.jpg 20191011_165017.jpg

very nice , wish my project had your body , we are getting ready to pull the glass , you said windshield did not come out easy , I have no interest in saving the glass as we are going to replace front and back , what methods did you use ?

I am posted up with my project in this forum also

Careful back glass isn't easy to get I was quoted $1000 locally .
I save as many as I can get my hands on

Definitely less than $671. And your local glass guy doesn't pay retail. I had to order a new rear glass for my Challenger a while back, and that was $200 installed. Heck, my Jaguar windshield was only $600 installed and that had to be direct shipped from England!

Hey everyone. I’m David Robertson’s younger brother. My name is James and I just recently came across this forum. I’m sad to say that David passed away this summer. The car was passed down to me. I plan to finish this restoration completely just the way he wanted it in his memory. I will be posting process pictures for you guys. I have attached a link to his memorial video if you would like to watch it. This car was his passion and I just wanted to let all of you know of the unfortunate circumstances.
https://www.tributeslides.com/tribu...imtjbNMYFH0-nMr-GbE69fVzMk8iDcDm_NU1wy_hDLHFY

Wow so sorry for your loss. Keep his spirit alive with finishing the car. He'll always be there in the passenger seat with you.

So sorry for your loss James. I have no words of wisdom for you except that time will help soften the pain. Best wishes for you and those you care about. Again, so sorry.

Oh no...I liked your Brother. He was a nice addition to the forum. I'm sorry for this terrible loss. I've lost 2 Brothers and know the feelings you must have.
What happened to him?

I am so sorry to hear this too. I liked your brother as well. He had a great attitude towards life and he loved this car. So sorry for your loss.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
I just read this thread from the beginning, and it brought back a lot of memories from when I restored mine.

It's strange but I feel like I got to know your brother a little.

Once again, sorry for your loss, and don't hesitate to seek help on this forum with the car.

Sorry for your loss James. I went to check out progress on his car and saw this. I watched his memorial video, he looked like a good family man that will be missed but not forgotten.

Hey everyone. I’m David Robertson’s younger brother. My name is James and I just recently came across this forum. I’m sad to say that David passed away this summer. The car was passed down to me. I plan to finish this restoration completely just the way he wanted it in his memory. I will be posting process pictures for you guys. I have attached a link to his memorial video if you would like to watch it. This car was his passion and I just wanted to let all of you know of the unfortunate circumstances.
https://www.tributeslides.com/tribu...imtjbNMYFH0-nMr-GbE69fVzMk8iDcDm_NU1wy_hDLHFY
James, I am so sorry to read of your big brothers' passing. :(
Thank you very much for sharing the link to the memorial presentation - it was wonderfully produced and
it's quite obvious your brother was a GOOD soul!

We sometimes read about or notice when other forum members go quiet after a while and while we don't say it,
we fear the worst - but that's typically with older folks like myself, not 22!!
David reminded me a bit of my own little brother; Joe was also a really good "old" soul who left a wife and a
baby son when he was just 34 and I wound up with his project, too.
Lookit:
I can't pretend to know exactly what you and your family have gone through with the loss - nobody can, of course -
but I've got a pretty fair idea I think and if I may, let me relay this on to you now:
Don't worry about forgetting your brother.
Ever.
You won't forget, I guarantee it - but it won't always be so incredibly painful, either. There will be more and more
good memories recalled over time, too.

Now, about that car - what do you need? We're here for ya, man. :thumbsup:

Very sorry for your loss. I just read through this post and watched the memorial video.

Auto Transport Service
Back