• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Dodge Charger Grill Head Light Filler Extensions

mopar73dge

Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
I just got a call from Classic Industries, they said there are hundreds of these in, My order after 1- 1/2 years is now on its way to me. Shown in the photo are my originals I repainted a few years ago.

14329952_617993081735884_4563587407594881486_n.jpg

Got mine today! Won't have a chance to fit them to the grilles for a while but they look great! Thanks again to Classic for making these.

Just checked CI and noticed grilles will be offered separated too, per side and without the trim! that's good! Not mandated to buy the pair or the set.

still arriving soon thought

I did replace the old with the new ones , they look great and fit perfect, the finsh is very accurate and the part number with the chrysler star is on the inside , pictures soon.

Need to ask, is it flexible urethane piece like the original, or is it hard plastic?

Seems like they are urethane but more rigid than the originals. I am practically afraid to touch the things so it's hard to say. Haha

What are nice used originals worth?

I don't think you'll ever find a nice original one separated from a full used nice grill. And if you find something that looks like a nice used one out of the grill, forgett it, won't fit evermore on a grill. They get slowly shrunk once they leave the grill afer being used.

Tipically they are at this moment also hard as a plastic piece

I don't think you'll ever find a nice original one separated from a full used nice grill. And if you find something that looks like a nice used one out of the grill, forgett it, won't fit evermore on a grill. They get slowly shrunk once they leave the grill afer being used.

Tipically they are at this moment also hard as a plastic piece

Ok Thanks I can chuck them then. Came from a body shop back in the seventies that did repair for Mopar dealerships only. Grilles were broken early in life and I kept these pieces from them and sold the other grille pieces for repairs.

as far they were kept mounted on the headlights grille section frame, could still be nice. AND I THINK I could get those from you LOL.

Now, the price... who knows depending on flexibility and finish conditions ( the tipical brownish sunfade specially on bottom )

You can soak them in warm water and try to get them back into shape, but yes they deform once they are separated from the grill. Most likely why it has taken so long to get repops, why CI had to retool after the first attempt, and why they went with a stiffer material in the end (plastic or otherwise).

Auto Transport Service
Back