• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 roadrunner wheel and tire combo

midnightrider1818

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
i have 2 235,60,15s laying around and was gonna put them on the front of my 73 rr on a 8 inch rim and was gonna put 275 60 15s on the back. will the front be too wide and rub or shouldnt i have any problems

I'm running 255/60's on the front and 275/60's on the back of mine. I have them on 8 inch rims with 3.75" backspacing. They fit, but would be more comfortable with about a half in more backspace. When I am done moving into my new digs, I will post pics....

okay, got the pics, hope this helps......

087.jpg

086.jpg

damn you got that rr looking great man. those are the same wheels i am putting on mine. american racing outlaw 1 wheels. great looking car. i need that front valance on mine below the front of the car. have any idea where i can get one for a good deal. how about some more **** and ill show you pics of mine also. great looking car brother.

Revhendo, that looks real good! I have a 74 with 15x6 ralleys w/BFG 235-60-15, rear- 275-60-15. I have no interference problems. But I like the twisty roads! Do you have any problems with throwing it into a corner and rubbing with the body roll? Midnight rider, your setup is the standard for the 73-4. Everybody can run that with no worries. Any bigger and you might want to start playing with off-sets. Hendo, I have the "chin" spoilers, but I like the valance spoiler too!

I was looking for something different when I found that spoiler on E-bay. It's a little pricey, but, it's made out of steel and fits bitchen. The 255's on the nose rubbed a little when I had the front lower, but I have a swaybar upgrade in the works....
The wheels could use about a quarter inch more backspace and when I do the rear disc conversion, I might have to work the rear wheel lips just a bit. Time will tell.

Thanks for the compliments guys. It really does mean alot to me.

Yeah, looks real good.

I like the Valium too! What's the story there?

Yeah, looks real good.

I like the Valium too! What's the story there?

If it's a really bad day, I usually take two valium with a shot of Jack.
It's pulling daily driver service right now. Bought it bent, fixed it up and added lot's of suspension and big brakes. Stll cruising on an overworn /6. Soon to get a stroker 340.......

ashton's valiant 006.jpg

ashton's valiant 056.jpg

valiant 014.jpg

Cool.

Yeah, that Valium with the stroker 340 will be a real sleeper :rolling:

Cool.

Yeah, that Valium with the stroker 340 will be a real sleeper :rolling:

Oh Meeper, you are a crafty wordsmith.
I have a tunnel ram intake for the stroker motor, but I am on the fence about using it and killing the plain jane look of the car.

I have my moments :tongueflap:

Yeah, I agree the plane Jane look is the plan for that car. I used to reel them in with an old buddy's 69 "plane Jane" Dart back in the mid 80's. Bench seat, flat hood, simulated mag wheel hub caps on 215-70's. The car was a factory 4 spd 3.23 SG 318 but I built a mild 340 for it. High 13's @ 103 through the mufflers with me driving. If he was driving I'd still be waiting for him to trip the MPH light :rolling:

Auto Transport Service
Back