• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 charger se

Definetly one of the under appreciated cars, I love them. Always like to hear that somebody is going to drive them like they were meant to be. nice job.

Good looking buckets, I love the stance it sits at with those tires and rims, looks sweet!

i have total confidence in the painter he is just one of these artist types that have an interesting way of looking at time! but like i said before it's free so i have to keep it together and not trip out on him! it is so hard to wait as the car is ready to drive other than paint and the final reassembly. the sooner it is done the more time i have to finish it before summer!

Wow, you made record time on that.

Wanna do mine?

Those have got to be the most under-rated good looking tail lights ever.

(popcorn smiley) waiting to see it in paint!

not yet it is with the painter we pulled the doors back off so he can jam it really well we are going to pull the fenders again as well so i can do the final install and seal between the aprons and fenders. oh yeah i got some hood pins as well so i need to install them before i pull the fenders so i can drill the hood.

not yet it is with the painter we pulled the doors back off so he can jam it really well we are going to pull the fenders again as well so i can do the final install and seal between the aprons and fenders. oh yeah i got some hood pins as well so i need to install them before i pull the fenders so i can drill the hood.

Good idea! I forgot before i painted mine, i was a little on the shaky side but it worked out good, before is better!

did some prep work for the paint yesterday. also did some test fitting of the vinyl top trim with the new clips all seems well. should be painted this spring. fingers crossed!

My fingers are crossed too. Hopefully the next pictures we see will be when it is all painted or maybe some pictures of some pieces that you're working on refreshing some parts for your car while you're waiting.

wow! what a great story! i am brand new on this site and know nothing about car restoration. i can't waight to see the finished product. you people really love your cars. i kind of don't feel worthy driving mine , 73 SE original(mint) just kind of stumbled across it. great story great pics, made me feel like a kid learning the alphabet again. all the best to you and your charger.

thanks guy's all the parts are done just waiting on the paint then onto final assembly

Thanks for the update, i kind of been waiting myself to see how it was coming! Good luck with the final assembly!

Got some trim polished.The aluminum trim is tricky but got it to shine. james charger project 014.jpg
See the difference between the before & after.
This is the trim that goes on top of the doors

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping to finish all the stainless and other trim the next 2 weeks to be ready when the car comes home for final assembly.
The aluminum still has some blemishes,but at least it is much better than before and not look like crap with fresh paint.

so the car is edged now onto final reassembly do the gaps again then the paint. soon

the final assembly of body parts is done! the fenders and doors fit mint. the gaps are good only have one side and the trunk to sand then paint. we should have it painted before the end of may. then reassembly and drive. pics soon

Auto Transport Service
Back