• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1979 Chrysler Cordoba

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetmachine

Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello. You are looking at a very nice driver quality 1979 Chrysler Cordoba 2dr Hardtop in Frost Blue Metallic with Midnight Blue "Corinthian" Leather Interior. The car is a powered by a 360 cubic inch V8 backed by its factory A999 (904 based) Torqueflite Automatic which then goes through the factory 8.25 rear axle with 2.45 gear ratio. The factory options on this car include bucket seats with a jump seat, power windows, tilt steering wheel, rear defroster (this gives you 100 amp alternator), cruise control, and air conditioning as the factory options.

The car is in overall nice shape but, not perfect. The car does have some paint chips and some other flaws after body is overall solid with the exception of area above the wheel trim on the passenger side as showed in the photos. The frame rails, k-frame, floor pans, and rockers are solid. The interior is in good shape and the is trim is decent overall but, there is some scratches and pitting. I do have touch up paint which include three cans of the factory color, primer, and clearcoat from the PaintScratch.com site

This Cordoba has a few mild modifications for driveability and performance purposes. The engine has an upgraded camshaft with factory 340 specifications, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Thermoquad 4bbl with factory kickdown linkage from a 4bbl Cordoba/300. The Lean Burn has been removed and a Mopar Electronic Ignition has been installed. Also, 2.5" dual exhaust has been installed and the catalytic converters have been removed long before I bought the car. I just did changed the oil using Brad Penn Racing Oil and used a NAPA Gold Oil Filter.

Other things that have been done include a rebuilt transmssion in the past to stock specification and just recently had the fluid/filter changed. It shifts fine and the lockup converter works as well. The rear axle just received fresh oil. The suspension has been rebuilt with new bushings, shocks, leaf springs etc. I just recently had 4 new tires installed (about 30 miles on them), a newer battery, upgrade to a mini-starter, neutral safety switch, rear brake shoes, rear axle seals, starter relay, led dash bulbs, upgraded a couple of electrical relays, and upgraded the ignition ecu. The car has generally been maintained well throughout.

As part of the sell I'm want to include some additional parts so the reserve will be higher but, not what I consider unreasonable. So, what do I have? Well, I have things like NOS emblems, lenses, NOS front bumper, seals hubcaps, new seat material, electrical switches, trim, and just too much to list here. I've priced these items out to around $4k-$5k for the parts I would like to pass these onto the next owner but, again that depends what type of deal can be agreed upon.

The bad things about the car is I had the air conditioning charged but, it does not blow cold now. I do have some new air conditioning parts if interested. The Thermoquad does need some tuning for but, otherwise drives fine for cruising. The right fender mounted turn signal does not work and have attributed this to a bad socket. I believe I have a spare socket in my collection. Other than that it's a good car. Drives good and rides smooth. The power windows work, the cruise control works, and the rear defroster works as well.

The reason why I'm selling this Cordoba is to buy back another vintage vehicle I used to own thus, I need the extra space and a little extra cash. That's pretty much the only reason why I'm selling this car. The car is has a clear title in my name and being sold "as is" with no guarantees express or implied. I do have a factory parts catalog and service manual available for this car as well. The car/parts is located near Kokomo, Indiana and I'm asking $4,000 or best offer for the car. If you want all the parts with I'll start at $6,000 or best offer. Thank you.

Also, here is an additional link with photos of the car and some of the parts I would be willing to include at additional cost:

1979 Chrysler Cordoba Photos:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMgk5SUOAQY9wha_ozyu7ym8-rjvSK9nIJh4XdF

IMG_1160.JPG IMG_1163.JPG IMG_1158.JPG IMG_1155.JPG

That is a beautiful color combo. Has there been any body/paint work done that you know of ? These cars are a great & inexpensive way to get in the classic car hobby.

That is a beautiful color combo. Has there been any body/paint work done that you know of ? These cars are a great & inexpensive way to get in the classic car hobby.
It has been repainted once and that's it. I believe the car came from Florida then went to Pennsylvania. I bought from the gentleman in PA and have had it almost three years now. If my old Mopar wasn't back on the market I wouldn't be selling this car but, I need the storage and little cash to buy back my old Mopar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back