• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 8th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time For Your NITRO Fix! Here We Go Again!!!

My Picks for Winternationals:

TOP FUEL: Brittany Force
FUNNY CAR: Ron Capps
PRO STOCK: Gregg Anderson

Where are you gonna be, Ski!
I'll be there Friday in Section 7.
I gave my sunday seats to a young Air force kid
But my Friday seats are first or second section, as cars come in on the left
I'm hoping to hook up with my old family friends, the Tasca camp
As of 0630 hrs Thursday 08 Feb, I may not be able to go Friday...
Pics of my tics this afternoon
(cuz it didn't happen w/out pics)

Winternationals qualifying starts tomorrow (02/09/18) at Noon PST (3:00PM EST).
Your picks need to be posted before qualifying starts to be eligible for all event bonus points.

DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Ill go with

TF Steve Torrence
FC Matt Hagan
PS Jason Line

My Tickets for Friday Feb 09, 2018
BUT: Due to potential Government shutdown I "must" report to work Friday!
:wtf:

IMG_1828.JPG

Yeah that was a boomer!
New avatar, alsant? Nice! New vehicle in your fleet?

AEFE4DFD-4504-411D-9FF4-FC1F60525565.jpeg
No ! I took my Overland in for warranty work and they had a Trackhawk in there. So I got real exited. Couple more years and I will get back into the game again. I had sold my 66 so we can get my 2nd girl a leg up on college. I did not mean to give anyone the idea I had one, maybe I should change it. As we all know this is a great forum with a lot of real good people so I am having a rough time just being a spectator here.

Last edited:
Nah, keep it. It's a great avatar! Hang in there - you did the right thing by your daughter! I was about 25 years between old Mopars while we raised our family.

58th annual Lucas Oil K Winternationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 76F, 26% relative humidity, barometer 28.83, adjusted altitude 2780', track temp 114F

TF: Antron Brown, 3.717 @ 332.51
FC: Ron Capps, 3.882; Antron Brown @ 332.51
PS: Drew Skillman, 6.569 @ 210.37

Q2
Weather: 79F, 31% relative humidity, barometer 28.79", adjusted altitude 3073', track temp 108F

TF: Clay Millican, 3.694: Antron Brown @332.51
FC: Jack Beckman, 3.860 @332.84
PS: Drew Skillman, 6.569 @ 210.37

Q3
Weather: 63F, 60% relative humidity, barometer 28.76", adjusted altitude 2153', track temp 79F

TF: Brittany Force, 3.675; Antron Brown @332.51
FC: Matt Hagan, 3.859; Jack Beckman @ 332.84
PS: Vincent Nobile, 6.529; Greg Anderson @ 211.30

Q4
Weather: 69F, 51% relative humidity, barometer 28.71", adjusted altitude 2674', track temp 81F

TF: Clay Millican, 3.628 (New National Record); Antron Browna @332.51
FC: Matt Hagan, 3.822 @ 336.32
PS:
Vincent Nobile, 6.529; Greg Anderson @ 211.30

Congratulations to Nick2317(FBBO) for winning the opening NHRA National Event Top Qualifier title of the 2018 NHRA season at the Winternationals with a very nice total of 21.5 bonus points. He picked the #3 qualifier in Top Fuel, the #1 qualifier in Funny Car and the #4 qualifier in Pro Stock. Way to go!
Back in Time (FABO) was in the #2 qualifier spot with 21.0 bonus points. More great picks!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 12 players starting off the 2018 NHRA "Pick 'Em game season and 11 different driver combos made up of:
* 4 different Top Fuel drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if they both survive the opening round.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups and, again, one potential head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 5 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups and a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in the 2nd round of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the opening NHRA event of the 2018 season.
Outstanding SoCal weather for the Winternationals.

Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FBBO) for being "Top Picker Eliminator" for the Lucas Oil Winternationals, the first event of 2018, with a very nice point total of 111.5 points with a class win in Funny Car. His Pro Stock pick went to the finals but lost there, and his Top Fuel pick went out in the second round of eliminations. He was helped by Speed bonus points in Top Fuel and ET bonus points in both Funny Car.
'alsant' (FBBO) and 'Duster79' (FABO) were right behind with 110.5 points. Both scored with a class win in Funny Car and their Top Fuel and Pro Stock picks lost in the semi-finals. They both also picked up ET bonus points in Funny Car Speed bonus points in Pro Stock.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Clay Millican, 3.628 (New National Record) during qualifying
Speed - Steve Torrence, 333.00 during Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Matt Hagan, 3.822 during qualifying
Speed - Robert Hight, 336.99 while losing in the final round of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Vincent Nobile, 6.529 during qualifying
Speed - Greg Anderson, 211.23 during Round 1 of eliminations

Here are the game point standings after the 1st event of the 2018 season:

111.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO)
110.5 - alsant (FBBO)
110.5 - Duster79 (FABO)
103.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO)
96.0 - Back in Time (FABO)
94.5 - 64BEL (FBBO)

84.5 - ocdart (FABO)
83.5 - stroked340 (FABO)
77.5 - Budnicks (FBBO)
68.5 - cuda20 (FABO)
65.5 - super-bee_ski (FBBO)

38.0 - SSG Karg (FABO)

'johnnycuda' (FABO) will join us at the next event

The 2nd race of the 2018 season, the 34th annual NHRA Arizona Nationals, is February 23-25, at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, AZ.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, February 23 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 3:30PM EST (12:30 PM PST).
The Arizona Nationals entry list is posted on
NHRA.com and currently shows 15 Top Fuel, 15 Funny Car, and 14 Pro Stock entries, but the counts are subject to change. Keep checking http://www.nhra.com/events/entrylist02.aspx for an updated entry list.
Pro Stock Motorcycle will not run until the 3rd race of the 2018 season at Gainesville, Fl.
Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Nice going, Nick!

I'm already firmly planted in the middle of the pack - ready to begin my downward spiral. :jackoff:

We seem to be down on players. Hopefully more will join in.

Congrats Nick

nice qualifying & race picks alsant too

OK, time for your first "Tuesday-before-the-event" reminder of the 2018 NHRA Season.
The Arizona Nationals start Friday, February 23rd, and this event could be big-time for possible national records as the weather forecast looks like "mineshaft" conditions. The current forecast calls for a high temps of 55F on Friday with 30% chance of some moisture during the day, 59F on Saturday and 65F on Sunday with 10% chance of rain sometime during the day.
The current entry list shows:
19 Top Fuel
17 Funny Car
17 Pro Stock

Get your picks posted!

Auto Transport Service
Back