• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 8th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time For Your NITRO Fix! Here We Go Again!!!

Ill go with

TF Antron Brown
FC Matt Hagan
PS greg Anderson

I'll take

TF Tony Schumacher
FC Matt Hagan
PS Bo Butner

Good luck all!

Wild Horse Pass
{I didn't see any new testing, so I'll go with}

T/F Antron Brown
{was thinking of Clay Millican for qualifying, not racing or Leah Pritchett, but she's not ready}

F/C Ron Capps
{I veered away from Ron last race, it cost me}

P/S Bo Butner
{he's the man so far, this & last year}

Good Luck everyone

My picks:

Top Fuel: Courtney Force

Funny Car: Robert Height

Pro Stock: Gregg Anderson

33rd annual Arizona Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 69F, 25% relative humidity, barometer 28.79, adjusted altitude 2333', track temp 103F

TF: Tony Schumacher, 3.649 @ 334.65
FC: Courtney Force, 3.845; Matt Hagan @ 330.88
PS: Chris McGaha, 6.549; Greg Anderson @ 211.13

Q2
Weather: 65F, 25% relative humidity, barometer 28.76, adjusted altitude 2046', track temp 85F

TF: Tony Schumacher, 3.649 @ 336.57 (New National Speed Record)
FC: Courtney Force and Jack Beckman, 3.845; Cruz Pedregon @ 333.25
PS: Alex Laughlin, 6.537; Greg Anderson @ 211.13

Q3
Weather: 61F, 26% relative humidity, barometer 28.96, adjusted altitude 1586', track temp 105F

TF: Tony Schumacher, 3.649 @ 336.57 (New National Speed Record)

FC: Courtney Force and Jack Beckman, 3.845; Cruz Pedregon @ 333.25
PS: Alex Laughlin, 6.529; Greg Anderson @ 211.66

Last edited:
So much for day 1 qualifying, so far :BangHead:
still 3 rd's to go tonight & tomorrow...

fingers & toes crossed

Congratulations to 'Back in Time' (FABO) for winning the Top Qualifier title of the 2018 Arizona Nationals with a very nice total of 19.5 bonus points. He picked the #4 qualifier in Top Fuel, the #2 qualifier in Funny Car and the #6 qualifier in Pro Stock. Way to go!
'Stroked 340' (FABO) was in the #2 qualifier spot with 18.5 bonus points. More great picks!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 14 players this week with 11 different driver combos made up of:
* 5 different Top Fuel drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if they both survive the opening round.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups and no possible head-to-head matchups in Round 2. The first potential head-to-head matchup may be in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 45 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups and a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the wild and wacky Arizona Nationals, the second event of the 2018 NHRA season.
How wacky was it?
Well, 'SSG Karg' (FABO), 'memike' (FABO) and 'ocdart' (FABO) shared the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the Arizona Nationals with a mediocre point total of 67.0 points each - and 'SSG Karg' only had one pick that was eliminated in the first round of eliminations! 'SSG Karg' picked the class winner in Top Fuel, his Funny Car pick lost in the 2nd round of eliminations and his Pro Stock pick lost in the first round of eliminations. 'memike' and 'ocdart' had the same picks. Both of their Top Fuel and Funny Car picks lost in the opening round of eliminations and their Pro Stock pick lost in the final round of eliminations. What saved them were ET bonus points and the bonus points associated with a new National Speed Record by their Top Fuel pick.
'64BEL' was the top FBBO picker with 47.5 points. Both of his Top Fuel and Pro Stock picks lost in the opening round of eliminations and his Funny Car pick lost in the 2nd round of eliminations. He was also helped by the ET and new National Speed Record bonus points of his Top Fuel pick.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Tony Schumacher, 3.649 during qualifying
Speed - Tony Schumacher, 336.57 (new National Record) during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Courtney Force, 3.826 during qualifying
Speed - Courtney Force, 337.16 while winning in the final round of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Deric Kramer, 6.522 during qualifying
Speed - Chris McGaha, 211.93 during Round 2 of eliminations

Here are the game point standings after the 2nd event of the 2018 season:

156.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change is game standings
155.5 - Duster79 (FABO) +1
155.5 - alsant (FBBO) -1
151.5 - ocdart (FABO) +3
149.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO) -1
142.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change
135.5 - Back in Time (FABO) -2
132.0 - stroked340 (FABO) no change
115.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change
112.5 - cuda20 (FABO) no change
106.5 - super-bee_ski (FBBO) no change
105.0 - SSG Karg (FABO) no change
67.0 - memike (FABO)
54.5 - johnnycuda (FABO)

The 3rd race of the 2018 season, the 49th annual Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, is March 15-18, at Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, FL.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, March 16 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 1:15PM EDT (10:15 AM PDT).
The Gatornationals entry list is posted on NHRA.com and currently shows 13 Top Fuel, 16 Funny Car, 12 Pro Stock entries and 11 Pro Stock Motorcycle entries, but the counts are subject to change. Keep checking http://www.nhra.com/events/entrylist03.aspx for an updated entry list.
Don't forget to post your Pro Stock Motorcycle pick for the initial event of the 2018 season that PSM will run at.
Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Pretty pathetic point total - LOL. I thought I was going to go 3 for 3 - 3 first round losers.

Good job 64Bel :thumbsup: better than I did...

I've had 2 races in a row with early rd. loses

stuff will settle down & real good runners will show themselves soon too

I loved how almost all the favorites better faster qualifiers went out early...

My biggest surprise is Ron Capps & Antron Brown not going very many rounds

Force teams winning in both races, good & bad luck all in one,
& blowing up & totaling **** in both races, truly strange ****...

Good luck next race everyone, hopefully FBBO will hold up our end :thumbsup:

Yeah strange happenings. I got a chuckle when they did a feature on JFR and showed his engine with Cheverolet on the valve covers of his modified 426 Hemi. Antron Brown has Toyota on his valve covers. :bs: What a joke that is.

Here's your "Tuesday-before-the-event" reminder for the 49th annual Amalie Motor Oil Gatornationals that starts Friday, March 16th.
The entry list currently shows:
16 Top Fuel
18 Funny Car
16 Pro Stock
20 Pro Stock Motorcycle

The current forecast calls for a high temps of 72F on Friday, 77F on Saturday and 80F on Sunday with 40% chance of rain sometime both Saturday and Sunday.

The current entry list shows:
19 Top Fuel
17 Funny Car
17 Pro Stock

Get your picks posted!

My picks for the Gators:

TF: Steve Torrence
FC: Tommy Johnson Jr
PS: Greg Anderson
PSM: LE Tonglet

Good luck all!

Gators picks