• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 8th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time For Your NITRO Fix! Here We Go Again!!!

GATOR NATIONALS

TOP FUEL: STEVE TORRENCE

FUNNY CAR: RON CAPPS

PRO STOCK: BOB UTNER

PRO BIKE: EDDIE KRAWEIC

thOJ0FSL6X.jpg

Yeah strange happenings. I got a chuckle when they did a feature on JFR and showed his engine with Cheverolet on the valve covers of his modified 426 Hemi. Antron Brown has Toyota on his valve covers. :bs: What a joke that is.

Perhaps TOYOTA "requires" that.....

49th annual Amalie Motor Oil Gatornationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 73F, 36% relative humidity, barometer 29.88, adjusted altitude 1405', track temp 103F

TF: Tony Schumacher, 3.785 @ 329.67
FC: Jack Beckman, 3.958 @ 325.61
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.522; Chris McGaha @ 213.03
PSM: Joey Gladstone, 6.793; Eddie Krawiec @ 198.93

Q2
Weather: 78F, 27% relative humidity, barometer 29.81, adjusted altitude 1771', track temp 106F

TF: Clay Millican, 3.708; Tony Schumacher @ 329.67
FC: Tommy Johnson Jr., 3.933 @ 327.27
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.522; Chris McGaha @ 213.27
PSM: Eddie Krawiec, 6.785; Hector Arana Jr. @ 200.23 (New National Record)

Q3
Weather: 76F, 37% relative humidity, barometer 29.85, adjusted altitude 1706', track temp 106F

FC: Jack Beckman, 3.911; Robert Hight @ 333.66
PSM: Andrew Hines, 6.773; Hector Arana Jr. @ 200.23 (New National Record)

Q4

Weather: 80F, 32% relative humidity, barometer 29.76 adjusted altitude 2053', track temp 125F

FC: Jack Beckman, 3.911; Robert Hight @ 333.66
PSM: Andrew Hines, 6.773; Hector Arana Jr. @ 200.23 (New National Record)

I'll post qualifying points results after the NHRA broadcast later tonight.

Last edited:
Congratulations to both 'SSG_Karg' (FABO) and 'cuda20' (FABO) for sharing the Top Qualifier title of the 2018 Gatornationals with very nice totals of 29.5 bonus points each. They took different roads to get to the same place. 'SSG_Karg' picked the #1 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Funny Car, the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle and the #5 qualifier in Pro Stock. 'cuda20' picked the #1 qualifier in Pro Stock, the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle and the #3 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Funny Car. Way to go!
'super-bee_ski' was the top qualifier from FBBO with 26.5 bonus points. More great picks!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 14 players again this week with 13 different driver combos made up of:
* 6 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #4 qualifier Tony Schumacher and #13 qualifier Brittany Force. There could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if they both survive the opening round.
* 6 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups and two possible head-to-head matchups in Round 2.
* 4 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups but a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in the 2nd round of eliminations since all four picked drivers qualified on the top half of the Pro Stock ladder.

* 3 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers picked this week with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #2 qualifier Eddie Krawiec and #15 qualifier L.E. Tonglet. All three picks qualified on the bottom half of the Pro Stock Motorcycle ladder so there is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Well,
Exciting race
I have come to understand that I would probably have more luck winning the Power-Ball Lottery than ever picking 1 or 2 event winners....
Alas, even my 2 year subscription to National Dragster can not help me.......

The Gatornationals results will be posted in a day or two.
Thankfully we've had a bit of badly needed rain here in SoCal but the timing of it has been unfortunate since I haven't been able to get a lawnmower over my lawn in a couple of weeks. I've got to get it mowed tonight - or buy a goat - while it's dry enough to mow. We've got another storm due in later in the week.

I will give y'all this little tidbit to chew on...only 4 pickers escaped this week without having one of their picks get beat in the opening round of eliminations.
And I wasn't one of the lucky four. Three of my four picks went down in the first round. OUCH!

I had 1 winner :thumbsup: P/SM Eddie Kraweic
a couple others went 2 rounds {IIRC}, P/S Bo Butner
& I'm shocked F/C Ron Capps isn't doing much better
I was surprised T/F Steve Torrence went out 1st round
for damn sure :BangHead:

I find this game to be masochistic. I must like inflicting pain on myself because I keep playing.

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the Gatornationals, the third event of the 2018 NHRA season.

Congratulations to 'SSG Karg' (FABO) for winning "Top Picker Eliminator" title with a very nice point total of 169.5 points. He picked the class winner in both Funny Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle, his Pro Stock pick lost in the final round of eliminations and his Top Fuel pick lost in the semi-finals. He was helped with ET bonus points in both Top Fuel and Funny Car.
Congrats also to Duster79 who was the event runner-up with 133.0 points.
'super-bee_ski' was the top FBBO picker with 116.5 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Clay Millican, 3.708 during qualifying
Speed - Tony Schumacher, 329.67 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Jack Beckman, 3.911 during qualifying
Speed - Robert Hight, 333.66 while winning in the final round of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Greg Anderson, 6.522 during qualifying
Speed - Jason Line and Chris McGaha, 213.03 during qualifying
Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Andrew Hines, 6.773 during qualifying
Speed - Hector Arana Jr., 200.23 (New National Record) during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 3rd event of the 2018 season:
288.5 - Duster79 (FABO) +2 in the game standings
274.5 - SSG_Karg (FABO) +10
272.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) -2
266.0 - alsant (FBBO) no change
263.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO) no change
254.5 - stroked340 (FABO) +2
231.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) +2
227.0 - cuda20 (FABO) +2
223.0 - super-bee_ski (FBBO)_ +2
221.0 - Back in Time (FABO) -3
214.0 - ocdart (FABO) -9
194.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) -6
164.5 - memike (FABO) no change
128.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change

The 4th race of the 2018 season, the 19th annual Denso Spark Plug NHRA Four-Wide Nationals, is April 6-8, at The Strip in Las Vegas, NV.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, April 6 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 3:30PM EDT (12:30 AM PDT).
The Las Vegas 4-Wide entry list is posted on NHRA.com and currently shows 14 Top Fuel, 19 Funny Car and 13 Pro Stock entries, but the counts are subject to change. Keep checking http://www.nhra.com/events/entrylist04.aspx for an updated entry list.
Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at this event.
Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Nice work Ski!

I'm beating the Hell out of all you guys to the bottom. -6 in one shot!:BangHead:

Good picks Ski :thumbsup:

IIRC I had the exact same picks & sooner too :poke:

Mid pack baby, up +2 :bananaweed:
way better than my 1st week...

Gotta post this a little earlier this year since there are now two 4-Wide events on the NHRA schedule and the first one is the next event. The 4-Wides are scored differently. We're using the same scoring this year as previously used and, again, this scoring is only for the 4-Wide events, both Las Vegas and Carolina.

Points change for 4-Wide events ONLY!!!
Same rules as the past several years:

These events only have 3 rounds of eliminations. Event scoring will be similar to the NHRA points scoring.

Qualifying position bonus points are the same as always

Each pro elimination round is run with 4 cars per race rather than 2, and 2 cars advance from each of the first 2 rounds of eliminations.

First round: Four races of four cars each. The 1st car of each race to cross the finish line will get 10 points, the 2nd car will get 5 points. Eight cars advance to the second round of eliminations.

Second round: Two races of four cars each. Same scoring as the first round. Four cars advance to the final round of eliminations.

Final round: One race of four cars. 1st Place finisher will get 10 points, 2nd Place will get 5 points, 3rd Place will get 3 points, 4th Place will get 1 point.

Same scoring for quickest e.t. and fastest speed for the event and for any national record set at this event.

Again, this scoring will be for the 4-Wide events only.

Here's your "Tuesday-before-the-event" reminder for the 19th annual Denso Spark Plug NHRA 4-Wide Nationals that starts Friday, April 6th.
The entry list currently shows:
16 Top Fuel
20 Funny Car
16 Pro Stock

Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at this event.

The current forecast calls for a high temps of 82F on Friday, 84F on Saturday with 10% chance of some rain, and 77F on Sunday.

Get your picks posted if you haven't already!

Auto Transport Service
Back