• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 9th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Are You Ready For Some NITRO?!!

I can't believe Tony still doesn't have a sponsor
let alone dad & one of his co.'s funding it...
Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the DENSO Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals.
Professional classes at the Four-Wides start Friday,
15 Top Fuel - still no sign of a Tony Schumacher entry

Interesting thing I noticed on the nhra.com entry list for Top Fuel is that Leah Pritchett's entry is listed as
"DSR Top Fuel Team" rather than a sponsor name.

DENSO Las Vegas
05-07 April 2019

Top Fuel: Steve Torrence

Funny Car: Robert Height

Pro Stock: Bob Utner (Bo Butner)

Pro Bike: Matt Smith

For Vegas I'll take

TF Clay Millican
FC Tim Wilkerson
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Hector Arana Jr

Good luck everyone!

"Good Picks" 64Bel....
I can never "win" at this ..
Eh - it's always a crap shoot for me. I tend to pick the guys I like vs who I think will win. Even who I think will win is a crap shoot anyway! I think picking these winners is about 30% educated guess and 70% luck! LOL - but thanks, Ski!

10th annual Denso Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 70F, 33% relative humidity, barometer 27.75, adjusted altitude 3,697', track temp 101F

TF: Brittany Force, 3.733; Mike Salinas @ 327.35
FC: J.R. Todd, 3.919; Robert Hight @323.97
PS: Jeg Coughlin Jr. and Rodger Brogdon, 6.665; Erika Enders-Stevens @ 206.54
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.929 @ 195.48

Q2
Weather: 76F, 28% relative humidity, barometer 27.66, adjusted altitude 4,187', track temp 107F

TF: Mike Salinas, 3.705 @ 328.46
FC: Tim Wilkerson, 3.895; Matt Hagan @327.03
PS: Bo Butner, 6.648 @ 206.67
PSM: Hector Arana Jr., 6.884; Matt Smith @ 196.50

Q3
Weather: 73F, 32% relative humidity, barometer 27.84, adjusted altitude 3,822', track temp 111F

PS: Bo Butner, 6.648; Jeg Coughlin Jr. @ 206.87
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.879 @ 196.76

Q4
Weather: 78F, 25% relative humidity, barometer 27.82, adjusted altitude 4,082', track temp 117F

PS: Bo Butner, 6.648; Greg Anderson @ 206.92
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.879 @ 196.76

Last edited:
Congratulations to 64BEL (FBBO) for winning the Top Qualifier title for the 10th annual Denso Spark Plugs 4-Wide Nationals with a very nice total of 28.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in Funny Car, the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle, the #3 qualifier in Pro Stock and the #5 qualifier in Top Fuel. Way to go!
'Budnicks' (FBBO) and 'super-bee_Ski' share the #2 qualifier spot with 27.5 bonus points.
'Back in Time' is the top FABO qualifier with 26.0 bonus points
More great picks!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 17 players this week and 16 different driver combos made up of:
* 7 different Top Fuel drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but a possibility of three head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if they all survive the opening round.
* 7 different Funny Car drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #6 qualifier John Force (1 pick) and the #11 qualifier Jack Beckman (2 picks). There could also be two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 6 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #7 qualifier Erica Enders-Stevens (4 picks) and #10 qualifier Jason Line (5 picks). There could be two head-to-head matchups in the 2nd round of eliminations.
* 4 different Pro Stock Motorcycles drivers picked this week with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #1 qualifier Matt Smith (5 picks) and #16 qualifier Angelle Sampey (2 picks). No possible head-to-head matchups in the 2nd round of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Way to go @64BEL, great picks for qualifying

me & Ski had the same picks :thumbsup: & points

yeah ha, now I hope Torrence & Hight, do better during the race :bananadance:

good luck everyone

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the 4th NHRA event of the 2019 season, the 10th annual Denso Spark Plugs 4-Wide NHRA Nationals.

Congratulations to 'Back in Time' (FABO) for winning the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 10th annual Denso Spark Plug Nationals with a very nice total of 111.0 points. He was helped with ET bonus points in Pro Stock.
'64BEL' (FBBO) was the event runner-up with 103.5 points. He was helped with ET bonus points in Funny Car and Speed bonus points in Pro Stock.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Mike Salinas, 3.705 during qualifying
Speed - Mike Salinas, 330.39 while winning the final quad of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Tim Wilkerson, 3.891 while winning in his first quad of eliminations

Speed - John Force, 329.67 while winning in his first quad of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Bo Butner, 6.639 while winning in his first quad of eliminations
Speed - Greg Anderson, 207.88 while coming in as runner-up in his second quad of eliminations

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Matt Smith , 6.879 during qualifying
Speed - Matt Smith, 197.39 while winning in his first quad of eliminations

Here are the game point standings after the 4th event of the 2019 season:

459.0 - alsant (FBBO) no change in standings
395.5 - Back in Time (FABO) +1
382.5 - cuda20 (FABO) -1

358.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change
319.0 - Duster79 (FABO) +1
318.5 - ocdart (FABO) +1
304.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) +1
304.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) +1
282.0 - super-bee_ski (FBBO) +2
277.5 - Garry in AZ (FABO) -5
266.0 - MomsDuster (FABO) +2
262.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO) -2
257.5 - SSG Karg (FABO) -1
257.0 - stroked340 (FABO) no change

244.0 - memike (FABO) no change
199.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
166.5 - Nitro Will (FABO) no change

The 5th race of the 2019 season, the 32nd annual Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals, is April 12-14 at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown, TX.
Neither Pro Stock nor Pro Stock Motorcycle is competing at this event.
Before the 2019 NHRA season started I posted a thread asking for your suggestions of what class you wanted to add so we would have at least three classes for our game - or if you only wanted to have two classes for certain events. I didn't receive any replies so...after making an executive decision, I decided to add Pro Mod for this event to shake things up a bit.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, April 12 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 4:00PM EDT (1:30 PM PDT).
The SpringNationals entry list is posted on NHRA.com and currently shows 17 Top Fuel, 17 Funny Car and 27 Pro Mod entries but that is always subject to change. Keep checking the NHRA.com website for an updated entry list to make sure your picks are competing at this event.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the Mopar Express Lane SpringNationals.
Professional classes at the SpringNationals start Friday, April 12th. Current forecast calling for high temp of 81F on Friday with a 10%-20% chance of some moisture during qualifying hours. Saturday forecast is a high temp of 81F with thunderstorms forecast during qualifying hours, and Sunday forecast shows a high temp of 70F with a 10% chance of moisture at the start of eliminations decreasing to 0% about 2:00PM. But if you've ever been close to the Gulf of Mexico you know that weather can change in a heartbeat.
As mentioned in Post #91, neither Pro Stock nor Pro Stock Motorcycle is competing at this event. I added Pro Mod as a third class so we will have three classes to pick from - and Pro Mod currently shows 27 entries so that should add a little bit of chaos to this weeks edition of the NHRA "Pick 'em" game.
The current entry list shows:
17 Funny Car
27 Pro Mod

Get your picks posted!

Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the Mopar Express Lane SpringNationals.
Professional classes at the SpringNationals start Friday, April 12th. Current forecast calling for high temp of 81F on Friday with a 10%-20% chance of some moisture during qualifying hours. Saturday forecast is a high temp of 81F with thunderstorms forecast during qualifying hours, and Sunday forecast shows a high temp of 70F with a 10% chance of moisture at the start of eliminations decreasing to 0% about 2:00PM. But if you've ever been close to the Gulf of Mexico you know that weather can change in a heartbeat.
As mentioned in Post #91, neither Pro Stock nor Pro Stock Motorcycle is competing at this event. I added Pro Mod as a third class so we will have three classes to pick from - and Pro Mod currently shows 27 entries so that should add a little bit of chaos to this weeks edition of the NHRA "Pick 'em" game.
The current entry list shows:
17 Funny Car
27 Pro Mod

Get your picks posted!
:thankyou:
Cool deal...

Spring Nationals Houston

T/F Steve Torrence

F/C Robert Hight

Pro-Mod Rickey Smith
(mixing it up a little)

good luck everyone

Ill go with
TF Antron Brown
FC Matt Hagan
PM Khalid Albalooshi

I watched a rerun of the Pro-mod series race
last night from Gainesville (IIRC)
Stevey 'Fast' Jackson,
blown methanol Hemi Camaro set 3 record runs 5.62 (?) best

that dude is haulin' ***

my boy, 'Tricky' Rickey Smith
went out 1st rd there/shake to smoke right off the line
1st year he's running turbo's, Mustang (oh well)
1st time he hasn't tuned his own stuff too, was always a N2O guy
he has a 'Petty' Crew-chief, Ricky's reining champ & has #43 on his car
but he's gonna' win in Houston :poke:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back