• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 12th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time To Burn Some More NITRO!!!

My brother lives up by Brainerd so a bunch of us get together and go to the Lucas Oil Nationals every year. I don't know who decides the schedule but I think the lineup sucks ****. No PS and no PSM or no Nitro Harleys what the heck is going on up there! I guess I will have plenty of time between rounds to drink beer. I'm ok, just had to get that off my chest, I'm going anyway and here is my big 2 picks....

TF=Leah Pruett
FC=Matt Hagan

Good luck everybody!!

Brainard

TF Britney Force
(hope she doesn't lay an egg again, I should go with Torrence)

FC Robert Hight
(or John or Capps does well there too)

good luck everyone

Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 70F, 83% relative humidity, barometer 29.82", adjusted altitude 2,973', track temp 96F
TF: Austin Prock, 3.760; Brittany Force @ 326.79
FC: Bob Tasca III, 3.881 @ 331.45

Q2
Weather: 70F, 84% relative humidity, barometer 29.84", adjusted altitude 2,939', track temp 89F
TF: Brittany Force, 3.685 @ 333.49
FC: Robert Hight, 3.865; J.R. Todd @ 333.91

Q3
Weather: 72F, 75% relative humidity, barometer 30.03", adjusted altitude 2,796', track temp n/a
TF: Brittany Force, 3.661 @ 334.65
FC: Robert Hight, 3.865; J.R. Todd @ 333.91

Q4
Weather: 77F, 62% relative humidity, barometer 30.00", adjusted altitude 3,166', track temp 103F

TF: Brittany Force, 3.661; Justin Ashley @ 334.82

FC: Matt Hagan, 3.843; J.R. Todd @ 333.91

Last edited:
Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FBBO) for winning the 2022 Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals Top Qualifier title with a PERFECT total of 16.0 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Funny Car, the only professional classes competing at this event. Way to go!
'alsant' (FBBO), 'Back in Time' (FABO), Budnicks (FBBO) and 'cuda20' (FABO) were right behind with 15.5 bonus points.
More great picks!

We have 15 players this week but only 9 different driver combos made up of:
* 4 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between the #4 qualifier Steve Torrence (1 pick) and the #13 qualifier Mike Salinas (3 picks). The next possibility of a head-to-head matchup is in the semi-final round of eliminations if the drivers survive that far.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchups between the #4 qualifier Ron Capps (2 picks) and the #14 qualifier John Force (2 picks). The earliest possibility the next head-to-head matchup on both halves of the Funny Car elimination ladder is the semi-final round of eliminations if all drivers are still in competition.

Good luck all!

2 weeks to INDY

everybody testing & gearing up

Congratulations to 'Rat Bastid' (FABO) and 'shittyslant6' (FABO) for sharing the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 2022 Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals with very nice totals of 70.0 points each. 'Rat Bastid's (FABO) Top Fuel pick won the class and his Funny Car pick lost in the final round of eliminations. He was helped with ET bonus points in Top Fuel. 'shittyslant6's (FABO) Funny Car pick won the class and his Top Fuel pick lost in the second round of eliminations.
'alsant' (FBBO), 'Back in Time' (FABO), 'cuda20' (FABO) and 'Budnicks' (FBBO) all shared the runner-up spot with 50.5 points each.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Brittany Force, 3.646 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Josh Hart, 334.73 during Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Matt Hagan, 3.843 during qualifying
Speed - J.R. Todd, 333.91 during quaifying

Neither Pro Stock nor Pro Stock Motorcycle competed at this event

Here are the game point standings after the 15th event of the 2022 season:
1550.5 - cuda20 (FABO) no change in standings
1512.0 - Back in Time (FABO) no change
1430.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
1303.5 - Outlawd (FBBO) no change
1265.0 - SSG Karg (FABO) +1
1260.5 - memike (FABO) -1
1256.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change
1234.5 - ocdart (FABO) +1
1230.5 - TT5.9mag (FABO) -1
1218.5 - alsant (FBBO) no change
1181.0 - shittyslant6 (FABO) +1
1180.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) -1
959.5 - Rat Bastid (FABO) +1
941.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) -1
133.5 - ksurfer2 (FBBO) no change

We all get next weekend off to both rest and study before the biggest event of the year.
The 16th race of the 2022 season and the final "regular season" event before the game points are reset, the Dodge Power Brokers NHRA U.S. Nationals, is scheduled for August 31-September 5, at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN.
As always, your picks need to be posted before the first of five (5) Pro Qualifying sessions starts at 7:30pm EDT (4:30pm PDT) on Friday, September 2.
nhra.com currently shows the following number of entries:
* 23 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 17 Pro Stock
* 18 Pro Stock Motorcycle
No short fields at the U.S. Nationals!

Those counts are always subject to change so make sure to check to make sure your driver picks are entered.

Remember, this is a "points-and-a-half" event so elimination round wins are worth 15 points rather than 10.

...and the game points will be reset according to the game rules (Post #1).

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

After posting "...and the game points will be reset according to the game rules (Post #1)", I realized the point reset protocol and special rules for the end-of-season 6-event "Countdown" hasn't been posted for a couple of years. So, for both new NHRA "Pick 'Em" game players and those who forgot, here they are:

PLEASE NOTE SPECIAL "COUNTDOWN" GAME RULES:
* The "pick carry over" is not in effect for the end-of-season 6-event "Countdown". You MUST either post picks for each event or "lock" your picks if you feel you may forget to post new event picks or you want to guard against your computer going down for any reason. Of course, you can always override your "locked" picks for any event or change your "locked" picks at any time.
* If your picks are currently "locked" then they will continue to be "locked". If your picks are not "locked" or they are "carry over" picks from previous events, then you MUST post picks for the next event and each following event in order to stay in the "Countdown" for the remainder of the 2022 NHRA season. Of course, you can post new picks for the first event of the "Countdown" and "lock" them.
* If you override your "locked" picks for a single event, your picks will revert back to the "locked" picks for the next event unless you post otherwise
* Now that we're heading into the "Countdown", following the completion of the U.S. Nationals I WILL NOT BE SENDING ANY REMINDERS TO POST PICKS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2022 NHRA SEASON. To use a classic drag racing saying, "If you snooze, you lose"!
*If your picks are not "locked" and you fail to post picks for any event during the "Countdown", then you will be "parked" for the rest of the 2022 NHRA season with the points you have earned up to that time.

Here's how the game points will be re-set following the completion of the U.S. Nationals:

2000.0 - "Pick 'Em" game point leader after the U.S. Nationals
1970.0 - second place player
All player positions below the second place score will be separated by 10.0 points unless a player is less than 10 points from the player in the position in front of them. If you are only separated from the player immediately in front of you by less than 10.0 points, then you will maintain that lower-than-10.0 point separation.
Example:
In the 2019 game, '64BEL' (FBBO) was only 4.5 points behind the player in front of him so he started the "Countdown" separated by only 4.5 points.

In 2019, before the point reset, the difference from 1st to 17th was 1044.5 points. Following the point reset, the difference was only 171.0 points.

By the way, the 30-point lead at the beginning of the "Countdown" is not insurmountable. In the 2019 game, the game leader following the U.S. Nationals had a 30.0 point lead at the beginning of the "Countdown", but did not win the game.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

oc, I'm going to reload and lock in the following for my Indy and countdown picks (until I change my mind again).

TF Tony Schumacher
FC Robert Hight
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Steve Johnson

Here's a thought one of the FABO players posted...

As a suggestion i think next year we should make it interesting and have a $5 Entry fee or something for maybe top winner & loser , just a thought

FBBO comments?

way to go last week me (no change) & @alsant got runner ups points

wahoo :drinks:

oc, I'm going to reload and lock in the following for my Indy and countdown picks (until I change my mind again).

TF Tony Schumacher
FC Robert Hight
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Steve Johnson

Done

Auto Transport Service
Back