• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30 HP

Carb, intake, exhaust. 1, 2, or all 3 easy tried and true bolt-ons that can get 30 hp. New or used.

depends on how bad it was running first.......

From stock, 30HP is fairly easy to get. It depends on how far from stock you are. The farther from stock, the harder it is to get HP.

$6355 !
:lol:
Honda-BF30-image-header-FR_NEW.jpg

$300 - 500.
Usual rule of thumb is about $10 per HP.
It's exponential the higher you go though, as HP becomes harder to make.

Last edited:
The Titanic ship’s main anchor weighed 16 tons, or more than 30,000 pounds. Twenty horses were required to transport the anchor two miles from the casting site in the town of Netherton to the train station in Dudley in 1911.
gBUCHd6_d.jpg

horses-pulling-anchor-to-titanic.jpg

Depends which direction you want to go. If you want to lose 30HP, pulling a plug wire will likely get the job done for no extra cost.

What motor? On a stock BB pocket porting the heads is worth 50 to 75 HP. Not sure about small blocks but very significant. On the BB you can get 100+ HP if you go crazy.

I think a lot of guys could gain performance out of their cars without increasing any horsepower figures....

Go on a diet and lose 150 pounds.....that should help a lot. :D

A smaller jockey will allow the horse to run faster. :steering:

I can gain 30 HP on my 66 by opening the exhaust cutouts. I have Dougs but less expensive units are available.
Mike

Reduce the weight of rotating mass. Drive shaft, wheels & tires, ect. I've seen guys gain a tenth just changing rear wheels.

If you want power increase on a Mopar pocket porting is the way to go. If you do it yourself no cost. Big gains on the BB.

Could be a low restriction air cleaner and a tune up. $40?

Ok guys this is a big general question.
How much is 30HP cost ?

In general, assuming your starting with a proper running car, most people add a low restriction exhaust system. Just look at how large the aftermarket is for exhaust systems. Next is usually a low restriction or cold air induction system. Mainly because it is usually a quick and easy installation. After that it seems people start looking at changing camshafts or rocker arms. Past that the costs start climbing, higher compression pistons, ported heads and such.

Auto Transport Service
Back