• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price of a car done.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Ok so here is the question. If I had a 1970 charger 500 finished. With 318-A/C- 727 floor shift console. What would you say the price of it would be finished.

It’s all about condition, but anything decent is probably $15K or more. Charger prices are nuts these days…

only you know what you mean by “finished “ So you can go to the websites that give valuations on classic cars ( NADA , Hemings , Kelley’s etc. ). see their explanation for rating the condition and pick one. It’s definitely not an exact science but you would get an idea At least.

It’s all about condition, but anything decent is probably $15K or more. Charger prices are nuts these days…

15 large? That price is so 1985.

giphy.gif

What I mean finished is a total resto. Look at my runner and tell me that is not finished. No corners cut on my project cars. Top to bottom. It should look like it was on the lot for sale straight from the factory. Thanks Dads bee for that heads up. While talking to another member on the phone that is what he said also.

Body and paint can be $40,000 plus on a half decent car to start with. So probably double that if it’s a good quality car. Kim

If you are going through the whole car thoroughly, add another 50-60 grand after bodywork and paint are done. Ask me how I know.

If you are going through the whole car thoroughly, add another 50-60 grand after bodywork and paint are done. Ask me how I know.
Sometimes even if you do 'some of the assembly work yourself'
Gen 2 Chargers 68-70 are crazy priced now

depends on the location of the restoration shop too
labor rates around the country are vastly different all over, from
($25hr In our dreams now) more closer like $100+ to $150hr
plus they charge shipping, handling/surcharges 10%-15%
or profit for every single part/paint they have to order or handle etc.
You may find some guy in flyover country with lil' to no overhead
may not charge as much as someone near any big-shitty charges

It isn't UNICEF,
they are in business to make a profit

Last edited:
Yes, paint is not cheap plus all the supplies you need. Even painting my runner, myself had almost 3 grand it that alone. Hagerty says a good condition car of that style is around 40 grand. So, the car is not going to be a money maker it looks like. Even though I doubt it would get sold. Would like a charge to add to my stable. Had a 73 charger with 318 in 1973 that made me a charger man for sure.

How do you know????? :poke: :poke: :rofl:

Well, since you asked …….

The 68 Hemi Charger I bought about 10 years ago was a complete shell that was already painted and 99% of the original parts were included. At that time, it cost me 40 grand to finish it doing everything myself other than the engine rebuild.

40 grand ten years ago is 60 grand today.

The 68 Hemi Charger I bought about 10 years ago was a complete shell that was already painted and 99% of the original parts were included. At that time, it cost me 40 grand to finish it doing everything myself other than the engine rebuild.

I'll bet it's more than that....

40 grand 2 years ago is 60 today.
40 grand ten years ago is closer to 85k now.
All you have to do is look at the price of a new F150.

Auto Transport Service
Back