• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

300 for 318?

Rebel74

Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Guy has a 318, says he's had it for years, says it's "complete" (whatever that means), says he'll let me have it for 300 bux, says if I don't get it by the weekend it's going to be sold for scrap. Is 300 a normal/average price for a 318? I don't NEED a 318, but hate to see old stuff go to the scrapyard.

Guy has a 318, says he's had it for years, says it's "complete" (whatever that means), says he'll let me have it for 300 bux, says if I don't get it by the weekend it's going to be sold for scrap. Is 300 a normal/average price for a 318? I don't NEED a 318, but hate to see old stuff go to the scrapyard.
300 or sold for scrap... Means its worth about 50 bucks at the scrap yard. Offer him 150.00 that's more than he would get scrapping it. Plus he wont have to buy gas to get it there..

If it's complete that sounds like a decent buy to me. They were a good engine and they are not as plentiful as in the past.

But the fact that he says.... If you don't buy it i'll scrap it means he doesn't know **** about that 318. He's just hoping for a 300.00 sucker to come along. 150 bucks is where I would be on it tops.

300 or sold for scrap... Means its worth about 50 bucks at the scrap yard. Offer him 150.00 that's more than he would get scrapping it. Plus he wont have to buy gas to get it there..

Sounds like another guy that needs to scrap it for 50 bucks, so then he will be happy. So many people out there like this guy 300 or I'll scrap it! 150.00 sounds fair for a complete motor... but then you don't know the condition of it on the inside of the motor, so many variables? cracked head(s) spun bearing, and so on. JMO.

I have a running 403 Olds engine sitting in my garage came out of a 79 T/A I asked 300 bucks for and have had several people ask about it and immediately they ask what my bottom dollar is. So I tell them 175.00 and get it out of my garage or 250 and I will include the BOP TH350 trans and torque converter with it. lol Been a year and still no takers. Guess they want it free.

that was one hell of a fast motor for the size , brotherinlaw had one in early eightys , drove it a few times , went like a scalded cat .

Tell him $100 or pound sand... 318s blah..everywhere... Nothing useable UNLESS you have similar year 318...so as mentioned above..

What year of 318? LA or Poly? 2bbl or 4bbl? Complete use to mean oil pan to carb including exhaust manifolds.

Auto Transport Service
Back