• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 Sat fusible link location

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
looking at the schematic it nots clear where the fusible link or links are located. Anyone know where they are? Are they part of the positive lead? I get nothing no lights either when the battery is connected so I assume my fusible link or links are a good starting place.

Usually connected (between) the the neutral safety switch stud and the bulkhead connector.

Thanks for the reply 451 Not sure where the neutral safety switch stud is is that for a manual trans?

On my '69 Coronet it is on the firewall near the bulkhead connector.

OK thanks will check in that area!!

I think I posted a photo a few months back, but can't find the thread in the search?
My good laptop computer died (internal power supply) that has all my pictures and I'm using my kids computer. Ordered a new laptop, but it is not here yet. Then need to restore all my old computer stuff to the new computer.
Just recalled, the photo is still on the camera SD card:

fuse-link.jpg

I think I posted a photo a few months back, but can't find the thread in the search?
My good laptop computer died (internal power supply) that has all my pictures and I'm using my kids computer. Ordered a new laptop, but it is not here yet. Then need to restore all my old computer stuff to the new computer.
Just recalled, the photo is still on the camera SD card:

View attachment 545742
Thanks 451 for taking the time to reply AND the photo. Looks like the grey wire the arrow is pointing to even says fusible link lol. Bubba did something to possibly this wire yikes. So I am still investigating this. Look like the fusible link is a stand alone wire and not part of the main positive wire harness. The picture does not show the actual location but it looks like its basically a jumper type of wire fuse from one bulkhead connection to another?

Lol looks like Bubba strikes again! He repaired the fusible link with electrical tape which is why I had a hard time finding it lol. Will Bubba wonders ever cease to amaze me or at least entertain you guys lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back