• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

32 Years Ago today...

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
.. I bought some Yellow chipped stock investment !

Thirty two years ago today I brought this thing home. I won't say what I paid back then, but it was probably the best investment that this then 27 year old could have ever made. Two months later I had her ready and in World of Wheels Oshawa with the Bee. Our dearly departed Jennifer and (now 39 year old) son Daryl helping me load up.
jukebox 113.JPG
superbirdboughtfeb2020 001.JPG
superbirdboughtfeb2020 002.JPG
superbirdboughtfeb2020 003.JPG

Last edited:
Had a chance to buy white "bird" back in 1985 while stationed in Groton, CT for $6k, DIDN'T DO IT!! Can you say "DUMBASS"!! Would've lost it in divorce, sssooo, life lesson.
"Yellow" have a car seat in it grandpa?

Last edited:
Glad you had the insight to buy "THE" car! And thank you for NOT telling me what you paid for it!
I don't think my heart could take it. Simply beautiful!

Bought our 67 Charger 318 on October 16th 1970. Do everything car, still have it 149,000 miles. Might be worth 2000.00 as is. Just can’t see myself selling or robbing parts off it.

I don't remember the exact day but I bought my 69 RR 49 years ago this month. Still have it.

32 years ago I bought a brand new Grand Caravan!

Somehow the investment didn't work out for me quite as well.

Well done.

32 years ago I was offered a Superbird for $2,500. It has some rust behind the rear tires, so I passed. Somebody told me it is still around, but the rust goes half way up now.

I will just put it this way. I got my Superbird close to 22 years ago, and today I couldn't afford to buy it from myself.

I was offered one here in ont about 40 yrs ago , guy couldnt sell it , and I thought if he couldnt when I got tired of it I be stuck , my sons liked the looks , but wife thought it ugliest thing god put tires under . yes I wore out a shoe kicking my *** as the years went by . LOL

I tried buying this Daytona 25 yrs ago for $13,500. I called the owner up for 6 yrs straight and he would not sell it. I forgot to call him on the 7th year and he sold it for $12,000. Really pissed me of.

Daytona 1.jpg Daytona 2.jpg

A friend and myself looked at a superbird 25-26 years ago it was a bit rusty needed some work ’ it was $25000 I passed because I wanted a car I could buy and drive well that was a mistake - but would I still have it or run it into the ground ?

32 years ago I was offered a Superbird for $2,500. It has some rust behind the rear tires, so I passed. Somebody told me it is still around, but the rust goes half way up now.
Well as long as the price is the same ... !!!

I bought my first bird in 1979 for $1200. Original motor, transmission, etc., needed work, but it was running. I sold it is 1984. Bought another absolutely identical car in 1989. I still own it today.

Vinny

Auto Transport Service
Back