• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

340 exhaust manifolds VS. Headers

KCCOcolo13

Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
Still working on my 73' satellite circle track car. I'm running a fairly stock 340 with cast iron heads and intake. its punched out to 358 cid. with solid lifters. I think it has a purple shaft cam in it. Will a set of stock 340 manifolds flow as good as a set of the headers that Jegs sells? The rules say I can't run step headers.

Finally took a picture of her for you guys. That's not going to be the final color, thinking about sublime green with a black hood.

satellite.jpg

I would go with the small tube jegs no step headers and a set of 15 to 20 inch 3" collectors bolted on.
and by the way............ thank you for putting some mopar power on the dirt.

A few years ago, Steve Dulcich did a Dyno run for Mopar Muscle comparing stock log manifolds, 340 units, 92-magnums and then headers. The stock log manifolds were as good as the 340 units. That disproved what I thought about them. Headers were the best then the magnum units.

Headers are always your best option if you are looking for easy power. Especially when comparing prices to 340 manifolds.

Auto Transport Service
Back