• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 - RPM Performer - 750 Ultra DP - Any way to use stock 2 snorkel Air cleaner?

TekHousE

Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

My stock air cleaner looks like this:

IMG_6930.jpg

I am putting on an RPM Performer with a 750 Ultra DP Holley (electric choke).

Since my engine is a 383 it sits lower than an RB. I am hoping I can get some type of modified baseplate and still run my original aircleaner on top?

Has anyone done this before?

I was looking at a drop base from R2C

Base with 4 hole insert.JPG

But that only has a 14" diameter. And my factory air cleaner top section is 17.5"

Umm..maybe? What is a base plate adapter? Photo or link?

:)

If the top is 17.5 and the base you mentioned is 14", it could still work. If you can get the 14" filter to seal on the top (use foam tape if you have to) the extra opening all around the bottom won't be seen but will aid in letting in more air than the two snorkels alone would.

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering if that would work. It might even be possible to mod an old base plate and work out a way to fit that 14" base up there into it. Something to think about at least.

Auto Transport Service
Back