• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

400 intake manifold with trick flow 270 heads

1967 R/T

Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
Going to be build a 470 or 451 stroker from a 400 with trick flow 270 heads, but ive heard about issues with the intake manifold could normal 383 intake manifolds fit with the heads? Trying to get a dual quad set up.

Going to be build a 470 or 451 stroker from a 400 with trick flow 270 heads, but ive heard about issues with the intake manifold could normal 383 intake manifolds fit with the heads? Trying to get a dual quad set up.
You’ll have more intake manifold choices by sticking with the standard port window TF240 heads. The 270 heads are Max Wedge port and also raise the intake up.

You can run a Indy single plane with the 270’s. That’s what my buddy does. And that’s about it… lol

4AF7D09B-39F2-4419-9CA4-D9D59E7FF470.jpeg

Indy intake on my TF 270 headed 470.
Hood clearance might be a issue if you don't have a scoop, the Indy intake is tall

What brand/type front suspension on your buddy's car? looks like he has spent some time cleaning up the inner fenders-interesting.
Mike

it’s all stock suspension. Yes, he did a lot of work on the engine compartment.

Here is an engine build using an aluminum B engine, max wedge heads and the Indy Mod Man intake w/dual 4-bbl top plate. I think the intake manifold is 5.5" tall if I read the Indy

I always forget about the mod man. Something about the numbers don’t quite make sense on that build. Either the dyno was awfully happy or something is way wrong with it in the car.

check out my 383 dual quad setup for sale

Auto Transport Service
Back