• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 street wedge

Hi Folks, I was not sure what power steering pump to use,after shoping for brackets for a saginaw pump I decided to re-seal my original TRW. I got it on today and it works perfect I also got a bunch of little things done
Hey where did you get the rebuild kit? I have a TRW pump that has a leak on the housing and I can't find the part anywhere.

Hey where did you get the rebuild kit? I have a TRW pump that has a leak on the housing and I can't find the part anywhere.

Rebuild kits are everywhere - look at Rockauto if you need it delivered, but NAPA, O'Reilly etc list them..

If it is just leaking from the area where the cast iron pump body seals to the pressed sheet steel body (and not from the shaft seal) then you just need to replace the O-ring that is on the outer circumference of the iron body...
(o-ring number is a 2-245 (4-3/8'' X 4-5/8'' X 1/8'' and cheep cheep from bearing/seal supplier)

Last edited:
Hello Folks,The coronet is finished! I would like to thank FBBO for allowing this thread, it has been a haul to this point almost two years to date.Special thanks to Bill Overcash,Bruce Dunlap,Alex Dunlap,Mike Hostler(Hoss) Zack (5.7) Mike mccracken garage and Clair vincent (exhaust) Delmar Baker,Tony and Ryan,Randy Moyer auto glass,Don Carnell,Jeff Myers,Doug Horvath (parts) The Ram Man (Brakes), PST suspenion,Brewers, Tri city Plating,Mccellan's Auto Body,Bob Brubaker,Joe Suchy (parts and advise),Bill Coady towing,Paul Rodland (machinst),Jim Drain for finding my block,Rhoades Performance (Dyno) and of coarse my helper my wife stood by me the hole time while getting brused and scratched see pictures what a wife. Now comes Dan Baker President of alumicraft street rod grilles.When I started this project the trunk panel was dented and pitted from being pot metal,and impossible to find one having the quality I was looking for.I did find one but the price was not in my budget.Dan Baker of Alumicraft also a relative of mine said he could make one.This man is a superior self made machinist.and did have the knowledge to program this panel in his CNC machine.He had many hours devoted to this panel and was determinded to get it perfect and it is.The 1965 dodge coronet 500 trunk panel trim is programed in his CNC for us 65 coronet 500 lovers if you need one at a don't break the bank price.He also has a website so check it out Alumicraft street rod grilles in Bellwood,Pa I can't forget Jesus Christ for giving me the talent I have.My next project is a 1965 corvette I found in a barn near home.I will be starting this project next week. Thanks again for following my thread.Keep restoring.Dave L

View attachment 264001 View attachment 264002 View attachment 264003 View attachment 264004 View attachment 264005 View attachment 264006 View attachment 264007 View attachment 264008 View attachment 264009 View attachment 264010 View attachment 264011 View attachment 264012 View attachment 264013 View attachment 264014 View attachment 264015 View attachment 264016 View attachment 264017 View attachment 264018 View attachment 264019 View attachment 264020

Hello Folks,The coronet is finished! I would like to thank FBBO for allowing this thread, it has been a haul to this point almost two years to date.Special thanks to Bill Overcash,Bruce Dunlap,Alex Dunlap,Mike Hostler(Hoss) Zack (5.7) Mike mccracken garage and Clair vincent (exhaust) Delmar Baker,Tony and Ryan,Randy Moyer auto glass,Don Carnell,Jeff Myers,Doug Horvath (parts) The Ram Man (Brakes), PST suspenion,Brewers, Tri city Plating,Mccellan's Auto Body,Bob Brubaker,Joe Suchy (parts and advise),Bill Coady towing,Paul Rodland (machinst),Jim Drain for finding my block,Rhoades Performance (Dyno) and of coarse my helper my wife stood by me the hole time while getting brused and scratched see pictures what a wife. Now comes Dan Baker President of alumicraft street rod grilles.When I started this project the trunk panel was dented and pitted from being pot metal,and impossible to find one having the quality I was looking for.I did find one but the price was not in my budget.Dan Baker of Alumicraft also a relative of mine said he could make one.This man is a superior self made machinist.and did have the knowledge to program this panel in his CNC machine.He had many hours devoted to this panel and was determinded to get it perfect and it is.The 1965 dodge coronet 500 trunk panel trim is programed in his CNC for us 65 coronet 500 lovers if you need one at a don't break the bank price.He also has a website so check it out Alumicraft street rod grilles in Bellwood,Pa I can't forget Jesus Christ for giving me the talent I have.My next project is a 1965 corvette I found in a barn near home.I will be starting this project next week. Thanks again for following my thread.Keep restoring.Dave L

View attachment 264001 View attachment 264002 View attachment 264003 View attachment 264004 View attachment 264005 View attachment 264006 View attachment 264007 View attachment 264008 View attachment 264009 View attachment 264010 View attachment 264011 View attachment 264012 View attachment 264013 View attachment 264014 View attachment 264015 View attachment 264016 View attachment 264017 View attachment 264018 View attachment 264019 View attachment 264020
Hello All,I got the corvette done.Looking for another project

finished 138.JPG finished 140.JPG finished 146.JPG finished 148.JPG finished 154.JPG

Looking good Dave! Love the C2s. I hang out at The C3 section at CF sometimes. That place is nothing like this place though!

Nice job Dave and I wouldn't expect anything less than perfection from you .

Hey Steve, I don't have a preference anything that will keep me busy, without rust.

Looks like Dynamat or a similar heat shield product!

Hi all,i,m still gathering parts for my 65 coronet.I was lucky enough to find a correct date code street wedge engine,and two trans one is a 18 spline and the other is the original trunion type.Anyways I took this engine to get it bored .030 and found out it needed line bored.Now I need pistons,so I mite as well stoke it.Is there any good reasonable stroke kits out there? Will a 426 .030 hemi piston work.Thanks Dave
Never built a 426 street engine but my younger brother had one in a 64 dodge. In factory trim it would run OK, modified it will be great. Last year for trunion style U-joint was 64, my 65 Ply has typical cross yoke U-joints. Some very early 65s might have trunion tho unknown to me. Term "line bore" is actually called align bore. I know this is being a bit of a nit picker so go easy on me. Back in the good ol bad ol days this job was actually done with a boring bar and a cutting tool. Took a machinist with a fair amount of skill to do the job correctly. Today it is done w/ a Sunnen align "honing" tool. Procedure similar: set up main caps in mill & cut a few thou off of parting face, bolt them back onto block, set up in honing machine and hone to correct size. Down side: If machinist makes a mistake or takes too much off of main caps the crank center line can end up closer to cam center line resulting in a loose timing chain. Good luck w/ your project, keep those old MoPars on the road.

A Hemi piston WON'T work in a wedge engine!!! Most of the stroker kits run pretty close to the same money! 440 Source was the most reasonable!

The insulation I used is Dynamat.I got it in one of the shows in Carlisle Good luck on your project.The 65 coronet is a blast to drive Its going to tough to get rid of that one

Last edited:
Never built a 426 street engine but my younger brother had one in a 64 dodge. In factory trim it would run OK, modified it will be great. Last year for trunion style U-joint was 64, my 65 Ply has typical cross yoke U-joints. Some very early 65s might have trunion tho unknown to me. Term "line bore" is actually called align bore. I know this is being a bit of a nit picker so go easy on me. Back in the good ol bad ol days this job was actually done with a boring bar and a cutting tool. Took a machinist with a fair amount of skill to do the job correctly. Today it is done w/ a Sunnen align "honing" tool. Procedure similar: set up main caps in mill & cut a few thou off of parting face, bolt them back onto block, set up in honing machine and hone to correct size. Down side: If machinist makes a mistake or takes too much off of main caps the crank center line can end up closer to cam center line resulting in a loose timing chain. Good luck w/ your project, keep those old MoPars on the road.

Hello.The 426 engine work was done on a C and C machine.It has a cloyds .005 under size timing chain.I have 3,000 trouble free miles on the dynoed 500 hp monster.The transmission was updated to a 18 spline hemi.The original trunion 4 speed is stored away

Auto Transport Service
Back